fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that creates great-tasting, nutrition-rich and value-added products to nourish consumers.
With nearly $1B in annual retail sales, fairlife’s growing portfolio of delicious, lactose-free, real dairy products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk; Core Power® High Protein Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery; fairlife® nutrition plan™, a nutrition shake to support the journey to better health; and fairlife® Light Ice Cream.
A wholly owned subsidiary of The Coca-Cola company, fairlife, LLC has been recognized by both Fast Company and Nielsen for its industry leading innovation.
The company is driven by its values of caring for the people, animals, and planet it touches across its business. By providing nourishing products, implementing stringent care standards for animals, and stewarding efficient operations and responsible packaging, fairlife, LLC puts a focus each day on making a positive impact for all.
To learn more about fairlife and its complete line of products, please visit fairlife.com.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information: fairlife, LLC complies with the federal contractor COVID-19 vaccination mandate, which requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 18, 2022, except for those with documented and approved medical or religious accommodations. Prior to starting with fairlife, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be at least partially vaccinated against COVID-19 and in the process of getting fully vaccinated; (ii) be able to provide fairlife with proof of vaccination, or (iii) have applied for and received a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.
job purpose: The Weekend Processing Lead is responsible for overseeing the operations of the Goodyear Product Processing Department. The Weekend Processing Lead oversees the staff and implements operations programs and policies. This is a key role to ensure the processing end of the site is running efficiently and we are creating a modern work culture for our employees.
- Review daily inventories and the daily production plan with the Production Planner, develop production and efficiency reports, and coordinate schedule demands with staff and product movement personnel
- Work in parallel with the Packaging Manager, Quality Manager & Maintenance Manager & their teams
- Accountable for third party Food Safety and GMP audits/results as well as internal Quality and Food Safety programs
- Review plant quality through the review of microbiology test results, investigation, and eradication of high or repeat problem areas
- Review product and equipment specifications to ensure conformance to product specifications are realized
- Review all nonconforming product or ingredients with Quality Assurance Manager
- Monitor processing department throughout shift and assure employee compliance with GMP’s, sanitation, and safety. Review daily audit reports
- Verify that all plant processing equipment is in good working condition and all preventative maintenance is being performed on a scheduled basis by reviewing Preventive Maintenance schedules with the Maintenance Manager
- Review all work orders and daily maintenance reports
- Manage processing department’s budget within financial guidance
- Manage processing teams on different days and schedules as needed to stay in line with set schedule & goals
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Food Science, or Dairy Science preferred
- Minimum 5 years of dairy manufacturing experience with knowledge of process flow and fluid mass balance
- 2-5 years’ experience in Fluid Milk or Value-Added processing required
- Working knowledge of PMO or other milk regulations in food safety
- Proven experience working directly with FDA/USDA and/or other Federal/State regulatory agencies
- Proven experience working in a 24/7 operation with customers both upstream (Producers) and downstream (Packaging and Supply Chain)
- Ability to implement fundamental Lean Principles including 5S
- Ability to meet production schedules with shifting priorities
- Understanding of basic CIP operations, functionality, and chemistry
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of the business
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills
- Ability to work all shifts including off shifts
- Capable of handling ambiguity and work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
food safety requirements:
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required that may affect product quality or food safety.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Control further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- In the event of absence, another employee with the same skill level will assume the duties and responsibilities as required.
position location: Goodyear, AZ
reports to: Sr Processig Manager
travel requirements: 5-10% annually, with increased travel expected during onboarding period
fairlife, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. All qualified applicants and employees will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
In addition to its nondiscrimination commitment, the Company will also provide reasonable accommodation of qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the Company. If you have a disability and would like to request accommodation in order to apply for a position with us, please email [email protected].