fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that produces nourishing and great-tasting milk-based products made using a patented cold-filtration process that removes some natural sugars while concentrating the protein and calcium naturally found in real cows’ milk.
Our line of delicious, lactose-free fairlife® products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk, which has 50% more protein and 50% less sugar than regular milk; fairlife® with DHA, ultra-filtered milk with DHA Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health; fairlife YUP!®, a line of flavored milks; Core Power® High Protein Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery; fairlife smart snacks®, a drinkable snack to help curb hunger between meals; fairlife® nutrition plan™, a nutrition shake to support one’s journey to better health; and the newly launched fairlife® creamers, coffee creamers designed to help enhance your coffee experience. In partnership with The Coca-Cola Company®, fairlife ultra-filtered milk and Core Power high protein shakes are distributed throughout the United States (U.S.) and Canada; all other fairlife drinks are available in the U.S.
To learn more about fairlife and its collection of products, please visit fairlife.com.
Oversee the entire Warehouse departments. Operations include loading of trailers, cleaning of warehouse, completion of necessary paperwork in a clear accurate manner, and maintaining work area in a clean sanitary condition at all times. Additional duties include scheduling outbound shipments from fairlife, Bay Logistics Spring Lake, and Bay Logistics Hudsonville.
- Responsible for operator supervision, training and reporting on the daily shipments incoming and outgoing which consists of: Accurate receipt confirmations from suppliers, accurate data entry of receipts, accurate shipping documentation of outgoing material to customers, and organized filing of manifests and BOL’s.
- Responsible for securing transportation for finished goods outbound to the customer. This includes monitoring shipping lane rates and working closely with assigned brokers. Ensure production schedule is current in order to schedule trucks based on material produced.
- Monitor cooler inventory levels. This includes scheduling trucks outbound to outside storage warehouse to ensure acceptable floor space.
- Monitor daily activities of warehouse operators.
- Be Audit Ready: Have floors, drains, cooler, and posts cleaned as needed. Have forklift inspection sheets audited. Verify seals on trailers as well as audit trailer inspection sheets for accuracy.
- Inform other departments of necessary changes or inventory discrepancies. Report to Processing, Packaging, Warehouse, and Materials Managers for any problems encountered, and then follow any further instruction from management.
- Check docks and overhead doors for proper operation and safety.
- Ensure warehouse equipment is being maintained in perfect condition by maintenance and or outside party. Ensure inspection checklists are properly filled out.
- Maintain inventory of supplies, of assigned items.
- Take inventory of consumables supplies daily ensuring that we have sufficient quantities. This includes creation of replenishment purchase orders.
- Responsible for Warehouse during shift.
- Report violations of company policies, procedures, and working rules to Processing and Packaging Managers.
- Follow all safety and working rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Report daily/weekly/monthly fulfillment activity on out bound shipments and provide explanation on delinquent (short or miss ships).
- Maintain budgeted lanes and provide explanation of variance to plan.
- Maintain customer and supplier relationships through timely communications.
- Maintain shipment tracking log and report deviations.
- Responsible for cycle count program from capturing to inputting counts.
- Additional warehouse accounting functions as needed.
- Plant inventory reconciliation including outside storage locations.
- This position has employee supervisory responsibilities in the area of discipline.
- If there are employee problems you are to report and consult with the Warehouse and HR Managers.
- Have the responsibility of calling in employees if needed to cover a shift.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have the ability to trouble shoot problems and be persistent until a highly repairable solution is found.
- Must work in a safe manner and follow all safety procedures including use of safety equipment.
- Must be able to effectively schedule trucks with the expectation of 100% on-time delivery.
- Must be able to interpret production schedules and plan based on volume and transit times.
- Must be able to represent Fairlife in a professional manner when speaking with customers and suppliers.
- Must be willing to ask for assistance when the process is unclear.
- Treat everyone with respect and fairness.
- Ability to lead teams successfully towards common goals.
A Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline is preferred or six years of experience in a leadership role; or an equivalent combination of education and experience are required.
- College level verbal and written communication skills.
- Leadership, team development, coaching, and / or teaching experience.
- Good math and statistical skills.
- Good planning and scheduling skills.
- Must be able to operate equipment efficiently.
- Ability to work different shift including off shifts.
food safety requirements:
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required that may affect product quality or food safety.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Control further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- In the event of absence, another employee with the same skill level will assume the duties and responsibilities as required.
position location: Coopersville, MI
reports to: Director of Warehousing and Inventory