fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that produces nourishing and great-tasting milk-based products made using a patented cold-filtration process that removes some natural sugars while concentrating the protein and calcium naturally found in real cows’ milk.
Our line of delicious, lactose-free fairlife® products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk, which has 50% more protein and 50% less sugar than regular milk; fairlife® with DHA, ultra-filtered milk with DHA Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health; fairlife YUP!®, a line of flavored milks; Core Power® High Protein Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery; fairlife smart snacks®, a drinkable snack to help curb hunger between meals; fairlife® nutrition plan™, a nutrition shake to support one’s journey to better health; and the newly launched fairlife® creamers, coffee creamers designed to help enhance your coffee experience. In partnership with The Coca-Cola Company®, fairlife ultra-filtered milk and Core Power high protein shakes are distributed throughout the United States (U.S.) and Canada; all other fairlife drinks are available in the U.S.
To learn more about fairlife and its collection of products, please visit fairlife.com.
job purpose: Reporting directly to the Plant Manager, the Warehouse Manager will have responsibility of all storage, receiving, and loading of, raw materials, finished product, bulk product loading of totes and tankers, dry ingredient receiving, and case pick. Accuracy on inventory and planning as a key aspect of this role. The Warehouse Manager will also be responsible to maintain all warehouse facilities and equipment.
- Maintain receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures
- Comply with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols
- Control inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system sand bar coding
- Maintain physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement
- Achieve financial objectives by managing the Warehouse budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Complete warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
- Responsible for outside warehouse management and associated shuttling services
- Responsible for inventory control
- Maintain warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Maintain warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Responsible to ship, store and receive raw materials, bulk tote and tanker product, finished goods and storage
- Responsible to maintain all forklifts, bulk load out and receiving and loading door equipment in a clean and safe operating condition. Responsible to have any nonconforming equipment corrected
- Be an active part of the emergency response team as prescribed by the company Safety Program
- Responsible to supervise, enforce safety policies, coordinate work, discipline, schedule, train, forklift certify, replace, hire, mentor, coach and motivate warehouse employees
- Maintain the Warehouse in an audit ready condition
- Responsible to make sure the right product and the correct quantity is being loaded onto the right trucks
- Responsible for reviewing, on a daily basis, productivity, full goods and raw material inventory and loading reports
- Responsible to rotate product properly (FIFO) using the warehouse management system, Warehouse loss/damage
- Follow all safety and work rules
- Employing, training, supervising, disciplining, and discharging of employees in their respective department; subject to the approval of the company
- With the approval of management, enforce all company policies including working rules
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline preferred or six years of experience in a production CPG warehouse setting and/or a combination of experience and education
- Must work in a safe and efficient manner and follow all safety procedures including the use of safety equipment
- Must have a working knowledge of warehouse inventory, shipping and receiving methodologies and practices
- Must have had exposure to a electronic stock controlled warehouse and Warehouse Management system
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot problems and be persistent until a solution is found
- Must be willing to ask for assistance when the process is unclear
- Must possess or be able to acquire a forklift operator license
- Ability to work all shifts including off shifts
- Must possess or be able to acquire a forklift operator license
working conditions and physical requirements:
- 8 hours sitting/standing/walking
- Ability to lift up to 55-80 lbs.
- Frequently reaching from floor level to shoulder level done during 8-hour workday.
- Exposure to ammonia, acids, caustics, chlorines, paints, particles, oils and lubricants, steam, pneumatics, fumes.
food safety requirements:
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required that may affect product quality or food safety.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Control further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- In the event of absence, another employee with the same skill level will assume the duties and responsibilities as required.
position location: Goodyear, AZ
reports to: Plant Manager
travel requirements: 5-10% annually, with increased travel during training/onboarding period