fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that produces nourishing and great-tasting milk-based products made using a patented cold-filtration process that removes some natural sugars while concentrating the protein and calcium naturally found in real cows’ milk.
Our line of delicious, lactose-free fairlife® products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk, which has 50% more protein and 50% less sugar than regular milk; fairlife® with DHA, ultra-filtered milk with DHA Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health; fairlife YUP!®, a line of flavored milks; Core Power® High Protein Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery; fairlife® nutrition plan™, a nutrition shake to support one’s journey to better health; and the newly launched fairlife® creamers, coffee creamers designed to help enhance your coffee experience; and the newly launched fairlife® Light Ice Cream, a line of creamy, frozen desserts. In partnership with The Coca-Cola Company®, fairlife ultra-filtered milk and Core Power high protein shakes are distributed throughout the United States (U.S.) and Canada; all other fairlife products are available in the U.S.
To learn more about fairlife and its collection of products, please visit fairlife.com.
job purpose: The Membrane Operator is a key member of the production team. The Operator must have: Knowledge of all production lines and equipment. Possess the ability to trouble-shoot and resolve issues; Responsible for system efficiencies: Sound communication skills, both verbal and written. Assist in the development and training of team members. Ensure that all documentation is accurate and complete. Ensure that GMPs, Sanitation requirements, PM’s, and performance measures are tracked and met.
- Continually monitor production schedule and record events; follow all startup & pre-op procedures
- Review schedules and workloads / task and coordinate plans for successful task completion
- Maintain all legal records & requirements in accordance with state and federal regulations
- Flush and prep all transfer lines, culture tanks, UF Membrane system, transfer tank and coolers using the SOPs provided
- Timely startup of all system based on production schedule
- Monitor silo CIP information, and ensure silos are washed in accordance to SSOPs
- Verify the cleaning of all transfer, receiving, and shipping lines in accordance to SSOPs
- Conduct assigned PMs in accordance with PM Schedule
- Follow Sanitation SOP’s and programs
- Silo cleaning and rotation
- Verify CIP System Performance
- Perform titrations on assigned frequency
- Know, understand, and follow Plant Safety Programs
- Ensure dockets are completed and log sheets are filled out correctly
- Comply with plant safety training programs
- Conduct Operator PM’s in accordance with schedule and SOPs
- Support the plant in any special projects and complete any other assigned task as needed by productions demands
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to use, MS Outlook and plant controls software
- Organizational, time management, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to see the bigger picture and understand causal relationship’s and effects on the overall business of the plant
- Self-motivated and team oriented
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision
- Be able to do standard mathematical operation
- Experience on running UF- systems, HTST, Separators and CIP systems preferred
- Open to flexible work schedules
- Ability to handle ambiguity and work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
working conditions and physical requirements:
- 8-12 hours standing/walking
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Reaching above head and bending may be required
- Exposure to hazards such as machinery, confined spaces, etc.
- Must be able to work in a wet environment. Some exposure to cleaning chemicals.
food safety requirements:
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required that may affect product quality or food safety.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Control further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- In the event of absence, another employee with the same skill level will assume the duties and responsibilities as required.
position location: Fair Oaks, IN
reports to: Plant Manager
fairlife, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. All qualified applicants and employees will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
In addition to its nondiscrimination commitment, the Company will also provide reasonable accommodation of qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the Company. If you have a disability and would like to request accommodation in order to apply for a position with us, please email [email protected].