fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that produces nourishing and great-tasting milk-based products made using a patented cold-filtration process that removes some natural sugars while concentrating the protein and calcium naturally found in real cows’ milk.
Our line of delicious, lactose-free fairlife® products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk, which has 50% more protein and 50% less sugar than regular milk; fairlife® with DHA, ultra-filtered milk with DHA Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health; fairlife YUP!®, a line of flavored milks; Core Power® High Protein Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery; fairlife® nutrition plan™, a nutrition shake to support one’s journey to better health; and the newly launched fairlife® creamers, coffee creamers designed to help enhance your coffee experience; and the newly launched fairlife® Light Ice Cream, a line of creamy, frozen desserts. In partnership with The Coca-Cola Company®, fairlife ultra-filtered milk and Core Power high protein shakes are distributed throughout the United States (U.S.) and Canada; all other fairlife products are available in the U.S.
To learn more about fairlife and its collection of products, please visit fairlife.com.
job purpose: The Shipping Specialist will be responsible for scheduling and securing carriers against sales orders and sales order approval. Duties include, scheduling outbound shipments for other plant locations, working with the transportation team to determine which orders are to ship from Michigan Plant and which will ship from Goodyear, AZ Plant.
- Approve orders and determine which plant the sales order will fulfill from based on inventory levels
- Schedule carriers for outbound shipments from Arizona plant
- Process journal entries and help coordinate internal finished good transfers from Michigan to Arizona
- Monitoring inventory levels for Arizona plant through D365 ERP system
- Assist with the payment processing for invoices in D365 related to Arizona plant
- Ensuring accurate transactions and protocol is being followed for outbound finished good loads and FIFO is being followed
- Work with the Arizona warehouse team to monitor cooler levels and prevent TOTS risk
- Act as backup support to additional transportation team members and assist where needed
- Be Audit Ready: Workspace to remain clean and organized. Documentation must be accurate and properly filed
- Report violations of company policies, procedures, and working rules to Warehouse and Materials Managers
- Follow all safety and working rules
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- College Degree in a related discipline preferred or combination of education and experience required
- Previous experience in the logistics field or in shipping specialist role preferred
- Good planning, scheduling, and math skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy in reporting
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot problems and be persistent until a highly repairable solution is found
- Must work in a safe manner and follow all safety procedures including use of safety equipment
- Must be able to interpret production schedules and plan based on volume and transit times
- Must be able to represent the Company in a professional manner when speaking with customers and suppliers
- Must be willing to ask for assistance when the process is unclear
- Ability to handle ambiguity and work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
working conditions and physical requirements:
- 12 hours sitting/standing/walking
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
food safety requirements:
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required that may affect product quality or food safety.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Control further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- In the event of absence, another employee with the same skill level will assume the duties and responsibilities as required.
position location: Coopersville, MI
reports to: Distribution Planning Lead
travel requirements: 5%
fairlife, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. All qualified applicants and employees will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
In addition to its nondiscrimination commitment, the Company will also provide reasonable accommodation of qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the Company. If you have a disability and would like to request accommodation in order to apply for a position with us, please email [email protected].