fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that produces nourishing and great-tasting milk-based products made using a patented cold-filtration process that removes some natural sugars while concentrating the protein and calcium naturally found in real cows’ milk.
Our line of delicious, lactose-free fairlife® products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk, which has 50% more protein and 50% less sugar than regular milk; fairlife® with DHA, ultra-filtered milk with DHA Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health; fairlife YUP!®, a line of flavored milks; Core Power® High Protein Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery; fairlife smart snacks®, a drinkable snack to help curb hunger between meals; fairlife® nutrition plan™, a nutrition shake to support one’s journey to better health; and the newly launched fairlife® creamers, coffee creamers designed to help enhance your coffee experience. In partnership with The Coca-Cola Company®, fairlife ultra-filtered milk and Core Power high protein shakes are distributed throughout the United States (U.S.) and Canada; all other fairlife drinks are available in the U.S.
To learn more about fairlife and its collection of products, please visit fairlife.com.
To provide daily coverage to the transportation team and provide updates on loads. Track and trace shipments in transit and scheduled for pickup to ensure on time pickup and delivery. Help with the management of finished goods inventory levels and communication of line delays to help Customer Service Order Planners when monitoring inventory levels within the network.
- Responsible for tendering loads to carriers on designated lanes with a minimum of 48-hour lead time
- Track and trace outbound loads to customer to ensure on time pickup and delivery
- Provide POD (proof of delivery) at the request of the customer
- Communicate changes in pickup times to carriers for any line delays
- Assist as needed with the pickup and delivery of raw material inbound loads as requested by supply chain team
- Report any shipping issues to Customer Service Order Planners
- Have the ability to work from home in the event that rescheduling of freight is required
- Experience in Microsoft Office programs: Create/data entry into Excel spreadsheets
- Be Audit Ready: Workspace must be clean and organized. Documentation must be accurate and filed accordingly
- Act as a backup to other Shipping Specialist as needed to prevent gaps in coverage
- Follow all safety and working rule
- Work closely with the Freight Audit Specialist to confirm charges on invoicing
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager
- Degree in a related discipline preferred or combination of education and experience required
- Previous experience in the logistics field or in shipping specialist role preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Good planning, scheduling, and math/analytical skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy in reporting
working conditions and physical requirements:
- 12 hours sitting/standing/walking
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
food safety requirements:
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required that may affect product quality or food safety.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Control further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
position location: Coopersville, MI
reports to: Distribution Planning Lead