fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that produces nourishing and great-tasting milk-based products made using a patented cold-filtration process that removes some natural sugars while concentrating the protein and calcium naturally found in real cows’ milk.
Our line of delicious, lactose-free fairlife® products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk, which has 50% more protein and 50% less sugar than regular milk; fairlife® with DHA, ultra-filtered milk with DHA Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health; fairlife YUP!®, a line of flavored milks; Core Power® High Protein Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery; fairlife® nutrition plan™, a nutrition shake to support one’s journey to better health; and the newly launched fairlife® creamers, coffee creamers designed to help enhance your coffee experience; and the newly launched fairlife® Light Ice Cream, a line of creamy, frozen desserts. In partnership with The Coca-Cola Company®, fairlife ultra-filtered milk and Core Power high protein shakes are distributed throughout the United States (U.S.) and Canada; all other fairlife products are available in the U.S.
To learn more about fairlife and its collection of products, please visit fairlife.com.
The Senior Processing Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of all Coopersville dairy processing. The Senior Processing Manager oversees the supervisory staff, operations technicians, and sanitation department, as well as implementing and sustaining operations programs, and policies and standards. This is a key role to ensure the flow of dairy across the site is running efficiently while creating a modern and collaborative work culture for our employees.
- Responsible for leading and managing plant operations within processing and overseeing strategic projects, initiatives and programs.
- Responsible for the results of the processing department. Works to establish and cascade Key Performance Indicators throughout the department
- Reviews daily inventories and the daily production plan with the dairy planner and scheduling manager, coordinates schedule demands with staff and product movement personnel.
- Ability to sponsor key capital project and commercialization projects relevant to the processing department
- Reviews product and equipment specifications to ensure conformance to product specifications are realized.
- Reviews all nonconforming product or ingredients with Quality Assurance Manager.
- Monitors processing department throughout shift and assure employee compliance with GMP’s, sanitation and safety. Review daily production
- Verify that all plant processing equipment is in good working condition and all preventative maintenance is being performed on a scheduled basis by reviewing Preventive Maintenance schedules with the Maintenance Manager.
- Review all work orders and daily maintenance reports.
- Manage processing department’s budget within financial guidance.
- Manage processing teams on different days and different shifts.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Required: Minimum of 5-10 years of Fluid Milk or food industry related experience
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering, Food Science or Dairy Science preferred) with proven knowledge of process flow and fluid mass balance.
- Working knowledge of PMO.
- Proven experience working directly with FDA/USDA and/or other Federal/State regulatory agencies.
- Proven experience working in a 24/7 operation with customers both upstream (Producers) and downstream (Packaging and Supply Chain).
- Ability to implement fundamental Lean Principals including 5S.
- Continuous Improvement mindset including root cause analysis, strategic planning
- Ability to meet production schedules with shifting priorities.
- Understanding of basic CIP operations, functionality and chemistry.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
food safety requirements:
- Responsible for maintaining critical control points, aseptic requirements and regulatory standards at all times. Responsible for implementing corrective actions and necessary changes after a possible nonconformance or product deviation.
- Accountable for 3rd party Food Safety and GMP audits/results as well as internal Quality and Food Safety programs.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
position location: Coopersville, MI
reports to: Plant Manager
travel requirements: Less than 5%
fairlife, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. All qualified applicants and employees will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
In addition to its nondiscrimination commitment, the Company will also provide reasonable accommodation of qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the Company. If you have a disability and would like to request accommodation in order to apply for a position with us, please email [email protected].