fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that produces nourishing and great-tasting milk-based products made using a patented cold-filtration process that removes some natural sugars while concentrating the protein and calcium naturally found in real cows’ milk.
Our line of delicious, lactose-free fairlife® products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk, which has 50% more protein and 50% less sugar than regular milk; fairlife® with DHA, ultra-filtered milk with DHA Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health; fairlife YUP!®, a line of flavored milks; Core Power® High Protein Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery; fairlife smart snacks®, a drinkable snack to help curb hunger between meals; fairlife® nutrition plan™, a nutrition shake to support one’s journey to better health; and the newly launched fairlife® creamers, coffee creamers designed to help enhance your coffee experience. In partnership with The Coca-Cola Company®, fairlife ultra-filtered milk and Core Power high protein shakes are distributed throughout the United States (U.S.) and Canada; all other fairlife drinks are available in the U.S.
To learn more about fairlife and its collection of products, please visit fairlife.com.
job purpose: This individual will lead the expansion beyond the current fairlife portfolio of brands and products into new dairy categories as well as adjacent categories where great tasting, dairy nutrition can power better solutions.
- Generate unique consumer insights, build strategic business cases and winning product concepts that will successfully expand fairlife beyond current categories of value-added milk and sports nutrition
- Develop platform vision and pipeline sequencing strategy
- Lead development and commercialization of new product platforms with cross-functional teams that deliver on fairlife promise of better taste, better nutrition and better values within the selected expansion categories
- Develop annual business plans including consumer metrics for our newest launch, fairlife ice cream, and work with Sales to develop sales’ execution targets and commercial plans
- Work with the SVP, Brands to ensure the new brand strategy, creative and connection plans support the Masterbrand positioning, visual identity and communication guidelines
- Develop a plan to incubate new products and refine the marketing bundle at speed, in-market
- Track marketing and commercial results versus plans, identify opportunities for plan and/or execution improvements, and steward correction plans with Sales and Marketing teams, as needed
- Manage budget, forecasting, and brand P&Ls
- Manage agencies and outside resources related to strategy development and execution
- Provide routine and ad hoc brand and project performance updates to leadership
- 7+ years experience in Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG)
- MBA degree strongly preferred
- Proven record of success in senior marketing base and innovation roles required
- Ability to communicate and influence marketing and cross-functional counterparts and agencies
- Strategic thinker, but with a strong practical mindset; able to develop creative solutions
- Ability to leverage data and insights to tell a compelling story
- Exceptional verbal, written and report presentation abilities
- Highly organized with great attention to detail and execution
- Proficient at project management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
location: Chicago, IL
reports to: Director of Marketing, Brand Expansion
travel requirements: 10-20%