fairlife, LLC, is a Chicago-based health food company with a mission to enrich lives by sustainably providing nourishment and vitality to the world. We produce and market nutritious and great-tasting milk beverages made using a patented cold-filtration process that removes lactose and sugars while maximizing the natural proteins, nutrients, and minerals found in cow’s milk. The company was founded in 2012 by Select Milk Producers, Inc.®, a group of dairy farmers dedicated to the pursuit of higher quality milk and a desire to revitalize the dairy industry through forward-thinking product innovation.
Our line of delicious fairlife® products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk, the only cow’s milk with 50% more protein and 50% less sugar than regular milk for the whole family; Core Power®, a high protein milk shake for athletes and fitness enthusiasts to help build lean muscle and support healthy post-workout recovery; fairlife® with DHA, an ultra-filtered milk with DHA Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health; fairlife® YUP!™, a line of flavored milks; and the newly launched fairlife® Nutrition Plan™, a high protein, low sugar meal-replacement drink. In partnership with The Coca-Cola Company®, fairlife ultra-filtered milk and Core Power high protein shakes are distributed throughout the United States (U.S.) and Canada; all other fairlife drinks are available nationwide in the U.S.
To learn more about fairlife and its collection of products, please visit fairlife.com.
The Sanitation Supervisor will be part of the management team within fairliife, LLC. reporting to the Processing Department. Under limited supervision, the supervisor schedules, coordinates, administers, and provides assistance for all state & regulatory activities within the Coopersville production facility. The Supervisor monitors and adheres to operating policies, and procedures in accordance with established company policy.
- Assigns and monitors plant wide sanitation areas of responsibilities for all shifts. Provide direction to Operators performing sanitation responsibilities.
- Manages and is accountable for Sanitation department budget – material cost control, chemical costs, labor dollars, sanitation chemical supplier exchanges and all applicable metrics.
- Responsible for compliance with all local, state and federal regulations related to sanitation. Adhere to and administer company policies and procedures. Establishes and implements SSOP’s for processes. Conduct audits to assure the consistent application and execution of SSOP’s and all related sanitation practices.
- Ensures compliance with all food safety policies and procedures. Ensures plant in proper sanitary condition at all times, including allergen control.
- Manages pest control program including oversight of 3rd party service. Acts as key contact/point person and maintains strong working relationship with provider. Evaluates effectiveness of services rendered. Works closely with on-site technicians to ensure issues are addressed.
- Leads and manages cross-functional teams to conduct self-inspections of facility, assessing risk based on food safety, public health principles, and customer requirements. Assigns and prioritizes corrective and preventive actions.
- Works closely with Quality, Engineering, and Maintenance to identify capital expense needs and ensure appropriate sanitation programs are utilized. Acts as sanitation lead in the process of assessing and mitigating food safety risks associated with construction, major maintenance and purchasing of new equipment.
- Understands automation related to CIP systems and is able to troubleshoot system issues with Maintenance.
- Sets the direction for ongoing sanitation verification activities and validation testing.
- Maintains and updates master cleaning schedule.
- Accountable for proper execution of CIP/COP/SIP/SOP protocols as well as working closely with operators to ensure consistency.
- Oversees collection of weekly environmental samples for monitoring of sanitation effectiveness and pathogenic organisms in the plant environment. Monitors and charts results and develops appropriate corrective actions.
- Actively involved in plant HACCP team.
- Stays up to date in MSDS protocols and current industry standards.
- Engages technical experts from the industry, chemical/equipment suppliers, and waste management/recycling to troubleshoot any sanitation challenges and identify technologies and methodologies that improve sanitation and waste management/recycling effectiveness.
- Develops and implements all sanitation related training for sanitation and plant employees as needed.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Knowledge of CIP systems operation and trouble shooting.
- Knowledge of chemical systems.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Skill in examining and re-adjusting to changes in operations and procedures.
- Understanding and ability to apply basic microbiological principles.
- Knowledge of food borne pathogens.
- Expertise in HACCP and Sanitation principles,
- Thorough understanding of FDA regulations, AIB standards, and other audit schemes
- Knowledge of FDA, local, State, Federal regulations for a dairy manufacturing facility.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to make procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Ability to analyze and assess training and development needs.
- Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in quality assurance applications.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of federal and state environmental laws, regulations, procedures, and standards.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Knowledge and understanding of employment and union avoidance practices.
- Tolerance of ambiguity.
A Bachelor's degree in Food Science or a related discipline preferred or a Minimum of 5 years of food safety/sanitation experience in a consumer foods manufacturing environment. Prior supervisory and management experience.
food safety requirements:
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required that may affect product quality or food safety.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Regulatory requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processing, packaging, warehousing, quality system, preventive maintenance, and safety systems.
- Contain further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been addressed.
- In the event of absence, another employee with the same skill level will assume the duties and responsibilities as required.
position location: Coopersville, MI
reports to: Processing Manager
fairlife, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. All qualified applicants and employees will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.