fairlife, LLC, is a Chicago-based health food company with a mission to enrich lives by sustainably providing nourishment and vitality to the world. We produce and market nutritious and great-tasting milk beverages made using a patented cold-filtration process that removes lactose and sugars while maximizing the natural proteins, nutrients, and minerals found in cow’s milk. The company was founded in 2012 by Select Milk Producers, Inc.®, a group of dairy farmers dedicated to the pursuit of higher quality milk and a desire to revitalize the dairy industry through forward-thinking product innovation.
Our line of delicious fairlife® products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk, the only cow’s milk with 50% more protein and 50% less sugar than regular milk for the whole family; Core Power®, a high protein milk shake for athletes and fitness enthusiasts to help build lean muscle and support healthy post-workout recovery; fairlife® with DHA, an ultra-filtered milk with DHA Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health; fairlife® YUP!™, a line of flavored milks; and the newly launched fairlife® Nutrition Plan™, a high protein, low sugar meal-replacement drink. In partnership with The Coca Cola Company®, fairlife ultra-filtered milk and Core Power high protein shakes are distributed throughout the United States (U.S.) and Canada; all other fairlife drinks are available nationwide in the U.S.
To learn more about fairlife and its collection of products, please visit fairlife.com.
The Quality Assurance Supervisor will be part of the management team within fairlife, LLC. reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager. Under limited supervision, the Supervisor coordinates, administers, and provides all day-to-day quality assurance program activities for the Coopersville Quality department. The Supervisor provides a comprehensive range of quality assurance support and service to management and staff, assists in developing and implementing quality assurance programs, and policies, and acts as the day-to-day collaborative conduit between the production and quality departments. The Quality Assurance Supervisor oversee quality related operations and activities as well as the workers performing those jobs. They plan work schedules, assign tasks, assist and assign lab technician to train new employees and demonstrate proper operation of equipment. They observe work as it is performed to ensure it is done properly and enforce safety and sanitation rules. A Quality Assurance Supervisor often confers with supervisors from other departments to coordinate operations and activities and meets with managers or subordinates to resolve quality related issues.
- Oversees and administers the quality systems for the Coopersville facility which includes the daily management of the laboratory and Q.A. staff.
- Provides consultation, leadership, and quality control in the administration and interpretation of quality assurance systems and policies, procedures, and documentation to subordinates and peers.
- Conducts investigations and makes recommendations as appropriate regarding issues of product quality, advice, and guidance to management in these areas, as appropriate.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and support to peers and subordinates regarding quality practices, interpretation of company quality assurance policies, problem resolution, and compliance with federal and state law.
- Assists with the development, management and implementation of a variety of quality programs to ensure regulatory compliance as mandated by local, state, and federal agencies. Including the FDA, and State regulations.
- Enforces the quality program to reduce or eliminate off spec product and financial losses; enforces the quality systems and programs of the company.
- Establishes and implements short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates program/project effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement.
- Ensures all employees follow GMP’s and HACCP compliance by managing the interaction between departmental personnel and contractors and physical plant personnel.
- Performs training needs analyses, as appropriate, and initiates, develops, and/or coordinates the implementation of specific training and development programs for peers, and operators; assists with new employee orientation and associated activities for GMP, HACCP and quality systems.
- Oversees and coordinates the activities of the Quality Assurance staff, to include assignment of work and special projects, monitoring workload and productivity, performance evaluation, and promotion of training and development; participates in the recruitment and hiring of subordinate staff as appropriate.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for maintaining/ordering supplies for laboratory and other plant departments.
food safety responsibilities:
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required that may affect product quality or food safety.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Control further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- In the event of absence, another employee with the same skill level will assume the duties and responsibilities as required.
A Bachelor's degree in Dairy, Food Science, management or related discipline;
and or at minimum of 3-5 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified in a consumer package environment.
- Experience working in micro lab.
- Document control procedures and experience.
- Knowledge in microbiological testing.
- Certification in Better Control Process School (BCPS) or training will be provided.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Knowledge of FDA, local, State, Federal regulations for a dairy manufacturing facility.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Ability to analyze and assess training and development needs.
- Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in quality assurance applications.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of federal and state environmental laws, regulations, procedures, and standards.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Tolerance of ambiguity.
position location: Coopersville, MI
reports to: Quality Manager