QUALITY ASSURANCE SUPERVISOR
fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that produces nourishing and great-tasting milk-based products made using a patented cold-filtration process that removes some natural sugars while concentrating the protein and calcium naturally found in real cows’ milk.
Our line of delicious, lactose-free fairlife® products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk, which has 50% more protein and 50% less sugar than regular milk; fairlife® with DHA, ultra-filtered milk with DHA Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health; fairlife YUP!®, a line of flavored milks; Core Power® High Protein Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery; fairlife smart snacks®, a drinkable snack to help curb hunger between meals; fairlife® nutrition plan™, a nutrition shake to support one’s journey to better health; and the newly launched fairlife® creamers, coffee creamers designed to help enhance your coffee experience. In partnership with The Coca-Cola Company®, fairlife ultra-filtered milk and Core Power high protein shakes are distributed throughout the United States (U.S.) and Canada; all other fairlife drinks are available in the U.S.
To learn more about fairlife and its collection of products, please visit fairlife.com.
The Quality Assurance Supervisor will be part of the management team within fairlife, LLC. reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager. Under limited supervision, the Supervisor coordinates, administers, and provides all day-to-day quality assurance program activities for the Coopersville Quality department. The Supervisor provides a comprehensive range of quality assurance support and service to management and staff, assists in developing and implementing quality assurance programs, and policies, and acts as the day-to-day collaborative conduit between the production and quality departments. The Quality Assurance Supervisor oversees quality related operations and activities as well as the workers performing those jobs. They plan work schedules, assign tasks, train new employees and demonstrate proper operation of equipment. They observe work as it is performed to ensure it is done properly and enforce safety and sanitation rules. A Quality Assurance Supervisor often works with supervisors from other departments to coordinate operations and activities and meets with managers or subordinates to resolve quality related issues.
- Administers the quality systems for the Coopersville facility which includes the daily management of the laboratory and QA staff.
- Provides consultation, leadership, and quality control in the administration and interpretation of quality assurance systems and policies, procedures, and documentation to subordinates and peers.
- Conducts and assists with investigations and makes recommendations as appropriate regarding issues of product quality, advice, and guidance to management in these areas, as appropriate.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and support to peers and subordinates regarding quality practices, interpretation of company quality assurance policies, problem resolution, and compliance with federal and state law.
- Enforces quality programs to reduce or eliminate off spec product and financial losses; enforces the quality systems and programs of the company.
- Establishes and implements short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates program/project effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement.
- Ensures all employees follow GMP’s and HACCP compliance by managing the interaction between departmental personnel and contractors and physical plant personnel.
- Performs training and initiates, develops, and/or coordinates the implementation of specific training and development programs for peers, and operators.
- Conducts new employee orientation and associated activities for GMP, HACCP and quality systems.
- Oversees and coordinates the activities of the Quality Assurance staff, to include assignment of work and special projects, monitoring workload and productivity, performance evaluation, and promotion of training and development; participates in the recruitment and hiring of subordinate staff as appropriate.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
A bachelor's degree is required; a bachelor’s degree in Dairy, Food Science or a related discipline is preferred. Minimum of 5 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified in a consumer package environment.
- Experience or knowledge in microbiological testing.
- Document control procedures and experience.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Knowledge of FDA, local, State, Federal regulations for a dairy manufacturing facility.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Ability to analyze and assess training and development needs.
- Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in quality assurance applications.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of federal and state environmental laws, regulations, procedures, and standards.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Tolerance of ambiguity.
working conditions and physical requirements:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment however regular audits of the plant are expected.
- Ability to work all shifts including night shift.
- Physical effort may be required.
- Travel to various sites in other states may be required.
food safety requirements:
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required that may affect product quality or food safety.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Control further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- In the event of absence, another employee with the same skill level will assume the duties and responsibilities as required.
position location: Coopersville, MI
reports to: Quality Assurance Manager
travel requirements: Little to none
fairlife, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. All qualified applicants and employees will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.