fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that produces nourishing and great-tasting milk-based products made using a patented cold-filtration process that removes some natural sugars while concentrating the protein and calcium naturally found in real cows’ milk.
Our line of delicious, lactose-free fairlife® products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk, which has 50% more protein and 50% less sugar than regular milk; fairlife® with DHA, ultra-filtered milk with DHA Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health; fairlife YUP!®, a line of flavored milks; Core Power® High Protein Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery; fairlife smart snacks®, a drinkable snack to help curb hunger between meals; fairlife® nutrition plan™, a nutrition shake to support one’s journey to better health; and the newly launched fairlife® creamers, coffee creamers designed to help enhance your coffee experience. In partnership with The Coca-Cola Company®, fairlife ultra-filtered milk and Core Power high protein shakes are distributed throughout the United States (U.S.) and Canada; all other fairlife drinks are available in the U.S.
To learn more about fairlife and its collection of products, please visit fairlife.com.
job purpose: The Quality Assurance (QA) Manager coordinates, administers, and leads all day-to-day quality/food safety program activities for the Goodyear production facility. The manager provides a comprehensive range of quality assurance support and service to the fairlife, LLC organization and its customers. The QA manager develops and implements quality/food safety assurance programs and policies and acts a primary point of liaison for quality assurance activities across the fairlife, LLC system. The QA manager oversees the administration of laboratory testing programs, leads a team across regulatory compliance and supplier quality. fairlife wishes to maintain highest standards for food safety.
- Oversee and administer the food safety systems for the Goodyear facility which includes the daily management of the laboratory and QA staff; provides expert guidance in all elements of food safety
- Oversee and coordinate the activities of the QA staff, to include assignment of work and special projects, monitoring workload and productivity, performance evaluation, and promotion of training and development; participates in the recruitment and hiring of staff as appropriate
- Establish and implement short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates program/project effectiveness; recommends and effects changes to achieve continuous improvements in quality programs
- Provide leadership and direction in the administration and interpretation of QA systems and policies; procedures, and documentation; develops and implements internal protocols and procedures in accordance with existing state and federal regulations, policies, and systems
- Conduct investigations and makes recommendations as appropriate regarding issues of product quality, advice, and guidance to management in these areas, as appropriate
- Working within the framework of the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI). Designs and implements quality programs, services, strategies, and initiatives that are responsive to the needs of the company’s facilities and guarantees close integration with overall company policy; monitors program efficiency, develops reporting procedures and other methods to measure success, and revises processes and procedures as necessary to improve program effectiveness. Ensures sustained GFSI compliance through leadership in specific program areas including HACCP and GMP, Internal Audit, Corrective/Preventive Actions, Management Review, Pre-requisite Programs, and Document Control
- Provide hands on, day-to-day guidance ensuring food safety is assured throughout operational activities. Ensures timely and effective handling of ingredient, packaging, and finished goods hold/releases. Ensures process deviations are resolved and properly dispositioned
- Oversee the management, implementation and coordination of the food safety system programs to ensure compliance with product specifications
- Ensure contractor GMP and HACCP compliance by managing the interaction between departmental personnel and contractors and physical plant personnel
- Develop annual operating budgets and provides fiscal direction to the QA departments
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- A Bachelor's degree in Dairy, Food Science or a related discipline
- 8 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified in a consumer package environment
- Either currently certified or actively working to achieve certification in: GFSI (FSSC 22000). HACCP, GMP, PCQI/FSMA, Internal Audit, and Better Process Control School
- Ability to handle ambiguity and work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
food safety requirements:
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required that may affect product quality or food safety.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Control further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- In the event of absence, another employee with the same skill level will assume the duties and responsibilities as required.
position location: Goodyear, AZ
reports to: Director of Quality or Plant Manager
travel requirements: 5-10% annually, with increased travel expected during training/onboarding period
fairlife, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. All qualified applicants and employees will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
In addition to its nondiscrimination commitment, the Company will also provide reasonable accommodation of qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the Company. If you have a disability and would like to request accommodation in order to apply for a position with us, please email [email protected].