fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that creates great-tasting, nutrition-rich and value-added products to nourish consumers.
With nearly $1B in annual retail sales, fairlife’s growing portfolio of delicious, lactose-free, real dairy products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk; Core Power® High Protein Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery; fairlife® nutrition plan™, a nutrition shake to support the journey to better health; and fairlife® Light Ice Cream.
A wholly owned subsidiary of The Coca-Cola company, fairlife, LLC has been recognized by both Fast Company and Nielsen for its industry leading innovation.
The company is driven by its values of caring for the people, animals, and planet it touches across its business. By providing nourishing products, implementing stringent care standards for animals, and stewarding efficient operations and responsible packaging, fairlife, LLC puts a focus each day on making a positive impact for all.
To learn more about fairlife and its complete line of products, please visit fairlife.com.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information: fairlife, LLC complies with the federal contractor COVID-19 vaccination mandate, which requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 18, 2022, except for those with documented and approved medical or religious accommodations. Prior to starting with fairlife, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be at least partially vaccinated against COVID-19 and in the process of getting fully vaccinated; (ii) be able to provide fairlife with proof of vaccination, or (iii) have applied for and received a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.
The Process Operator is a key member of the production team. (Roles include: HTST Operator, Membrane Operator and Utility Operator)
The Operator must have:
- Knowledge of all production lines and equipment.
- Possess the ability to trouble-shoot and resolve issues.
- Responsible for system efficiencies: Sound communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Assist in the development and training of team members.
- Ensure that all documentation is accurate and complete.
- Ensure that GMPs, Sanitation requirements, PMs, and performance measures are tracked & met.
- Continually monitor production schedule and record events; follow all startup & pre-op procedures
- Plan, review schedules and workloads / task and coordinate plans for successful task completion.
- Maintain all legal records & requirements in accordance with state and federal regulations. Recording on tablet/paper all production information during the shift.
- Flush and prep all transfer lines, culture tanks, UF Membrane system, transfer tank and coolers using the SOPs provided.
- Timely startup of all system based on production schedule. Any issues need to be communicated to a supervisor.
- Monitor fats, total solids, other related items as they associate with processing dairy products.
- Maintain System Integrity by monitoring all legal holding times, flow rates and pasteurization temperatures
- Assist the State Regulatory Agency with Equipment testing and 90-day inspections.
Maintain Production Efficiencies
- Monitor all CIP information, and ensure equipment is washed in accordance to SSOPs.
- Verify the cleaning of all transfer, receiving, and shipping lines in accordance to SSOPs.
- Conduct assigned PMs in accordance with PM Schedule.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, and safe work area.
- Follow all Sanitation SOP’s and programs
- Equipment cleaning and rotation.
- Master Sanitation cleaning schedules.
- Verify CIP System Performance
- Perform titrations on assigned frequency.
- Report any deviations on CIP systems to Supervisor immediately.
- Know, understand, and follow Plant Safety Programs.
- Ensure that all documents are completed and that all log sheets are filled out correctly.
- Comply with plant safety training programs.
- Communicate safety issues to Supervisor immediately.
- Conduct PM.’s in accordance with schedule and SOPs.
- Support the plant in any special projects and complete any other assigned task as needed by productions demands.
- Computer Literacy -- Ability to use, MS Office and plant controls software.
- Needs good organizational, time management, written and verbal communication skills. Sound critical thinking skills are required.
- Possess the ability to see the bigger picture
- Self-motivated and team oriented (Demonstrate a sense of urgency)
- Able to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Be able to do standard mathematical operation (multiplication, addition, subtraction, division, fractions etc.).
- Open to flexible work schedules, including nights.
working conditions and physical requirements:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift 50 lbs., climb ladders and work on top of milk tankers
food safety requirements:
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required that may affect product quality or food safety.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Control further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- In the event of absence, another employee with the same skill level will assume the duties and responsibilities as required.
position location: Fair Oaks, IN
reports to: Plant Manager
fairlife, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. All qualified applicants and employees will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
In addition to its nondiscrimination commitment, the Company will also provide reasonable accommodation of qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the Company. If you have a disability and would like to request accommodation in order to apply for a position with us, please email [email protected].