fairlife, LLC, is a Chicago-based health food company with a mission to enrich lives by sustainably providing nourishment and vitality to the world. We produce and market nutritious and great-tasting milk beverages made using a patented cold-filtration process that removes lactose and sugars while maximizing the natural proteins, nutrients, and minerals found in cow’s milk. The company was founded in 2012 by Select Milk Producers, Inc.®, a group of dairy farmers dedicated to the pursuit of higher quality milk and a desire to revitalize the dairy industry through forward-thinking product innovation.
Our line of delicious fairlife® products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk, the only cow’s milk with 50% more protein and 50% less sugar than regular milk for the whole family; Core Power®, a high protein milk shake for athletes and fitness enthusiasts to help build lean muscle and support healthy post-workout recovery; fairlife® with DHA, an ultra-filtered milk with DHA Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health; fairlife® YUP!™, a line of flavored milks; and the newly launched fairlife® Nutrition Plan™, a high protein, low sugar meal-replacement drink. In partnership with The Coca Cola Company®, fairlife ultra-filtered milk and Core Power high protein shakes are distributed throughout the United States (U.S.) and Canada; all other fairlife drinks are available nationwide in the U.S.
To learn more about fairlife and its collection of products, please visit fairlife.com.
job purpose: The Process Engineering Project Manager will be a part of fairlife’s Project Pierce engineering and project management teams, a new greenfield plant located in Goodyear, AZ located in the western suburbs of Phoenix, AZ. This individual will have ownership for the overall successful end-to-end project management of all processing equipment from detailed engineering through operational acceptance. This role is accountable for ensuring the design, installation, commissioning, validation, operation and maintenance of the processing equipment meet Company standards. After commissioning and operational acceptance, this role will transition to Plant Engineer reporting to the Plant Manager.
- Ensure plant compliance to Federal, State, and Corporate environmental laws, rules & regulations
- Ensure processes comply with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments
- Own the engineering and development of plans for process systems
- Own the engineering and development of plans for the building, facility infrastructure/utilities and mechanical systems
- Plan, direct, and coordinate activities concerning design, construction, modification and maintenance of the processing equipment
- Effectively collaborate and coordinate with other functions and trades to ensure work is performed on time and within budget
- Troubleshoot problems and develop root cause and corrective actions
- Create and manage KPIs for the processing function
- Develop and plan annual down time and preventative maintenance activities
- Prepare performance and availability/reliability calculations, in accordance with ongoing continuous monitoring effects
- Provide recommendations for enhanced performance of the facility
- Provide process engineering oversight to the process infrastructure
- Partner with vendors and suppliers to leverage insight, training, and productivity
- Assist in the identification, design, validation, and communication of technologies that support the Innovation pipeline including but not limited to new thermal pasteurizers, new blending technologies, product handling, filling technologies, pumps, valves, and control systems
- Participate in business planning process by providing capital estimates for new mechanical systems and plant trials, as well as provide timing estimates for new commercialization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field required
- 5+ years of process engineering of low acid food products or pharmaceuticals
- Self-starter: ability to take charge and possess and positive and proactive attitude
- Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical cross functional teams
- Strong understanding of possible process/product interactions with the ability to provide a risk assessment and primary recommendation
- Strong understanding of system capabilities and provide solutions to successfully produce new products within project deadlines and budget
- Ability to communicate clearly with all levels of the business, both within the organization and externally
- Demonstrable teamwork and maturity with a strong work ethic and leadership skills
- Strong negotiation skills required, with the drive to execute
- Ability to handle ambiguity and work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
position location: Goodyear, AZ
reports to: Senior Project Manager / Plant Manager
travel requirements: 20%