fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that produces nourishing and great-tasting milk-based products made using a patented cold-filtration process that removes some natural sugars while concentrating the protein and calcium naturally found in real cows’ milk.
Our line of delicious, lactose-free fairlife® products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk, which has 50% more protein and 50% less sugar than regular milk; fairlife® with DHA, ultra-filtered milk with DHA Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health; fairlife YUP!®, a line of flavored milks; Core Power® High Protein Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery; fairlife® nutrition plan™, a nutrition shake to support one’s journey to better health; and the newly launched fairlife® creamers, coffee creamers designed to help enhance your coffee experience; and the newly launched fairlife® Light Ice Cream, a line of creamy, frozen desserts. In partnership with The Coca-Cola Company®, fairlife ultra-filtered milk and Core Power high protein shakes are distributed throughout the United States (U.S.) and Canada; all other fairlife products are available in the U.S.
To learn more about fairlife and its collection of products, please visit fairlife.com.
job purpose: The Plant Controller will function as a business partner with plant and financial management to effectively manage and control the local business. The controller will oversee the daily accounting operations from project budget management to operational stages of the plant. This person will be accountable for the manufacturing plant’s accounting practices, the maintenance of fiscal records and the preparation of its financial reports. Plant level responsibilities include general budgeting, forecasting, month-end closing, managing customer invoicing, accounts payable, inventory control, fixed asset accounting, capital spending, cost accounting, internal controls and business analysis. He/she will also liaison with corporate financial staff on a regular basis.
- Operations planning
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the annual budget and be a key contributor in the annual strategic planning process and the development of operational objectives for the plant that are aligned to Corporate strategic objectives
- Prepare and deliver the plant financial forecasts and projection
- Financial and Operational Controls
- Ensure that there is an effective and efficient system of internal controls including; data integrity, asset protection, segregation of duties, budgeting, financial reporting, information systems and adherence to corporate policies and governmental regulations (GAAP, SOX compliance, etc.)
- Lead the Continuous Sign-off process to ensure that accountability for internal controls is clear and that processes are documented and adhered to
- Lead proactive development of contingency plans, productivity improvement and corrective actions to ensure facility financial results is optimized
- Reporting and analysis
- Develop, analyze and interpret statistical and accounting information. Effectively report on and analyze operating results, performance against budget and other matters bearing on the financial and operating effectiveness of the plant
- Perform and monitor the plant’s monthly closing process, annual coordination of audit requirements and submittal of tax returns
- Communicate results effectively to management and non-financial personnel
- Provide risk analysis for contingency planning
- Driving plant profitability
- Lead actions in line with achieving targets, mitigating risk and prioritizing resource needs
- Provide investment analysis
- Assist in contract evaluation and negotiation
- Educate plant personnel on key performance metrics
- Plant process and administrative leadership
- Lead non-financial plant administrative processes such as sourcing, information systems, scheduling, warehouse and
- Partner with site Leadership team in the development of projects that improve productivity
- Effectively manage and develop the accounting/finance department staff, fostering an environment of continuous improvement and career growth
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance. CPA and/or MBA a plus
- 5-10 years as plant controller or cost manager in a manufacturing environment, managing a staff, with an emphasis on cost accounting, reporting and variance analysis
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid and positive professional relationships with subordinates, peers and upper management
- Strong leadership, communication and team building skills
- Proficient in use of accounting systems, implementation of financial practices, analysis of financial and operating information to facilitate decision making and recommending actions to improve
- Proficient in Microsoft products, database software and other applicable accounting and financial software and systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
food safety requirements:
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required that may affect product quality or food safety.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Control further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- In the event of absence, another employee with the same skill level will assume the duties and responsibilities as required.
position location: Goodyear, AZ
reports to: VP of Finance & Accounting
travel requirements: 5-10% annually, 40% during training/onboarding period
fairlife, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. All qualified applicants and employees will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
In addition to its nondiscrimination commitment, the Company will also provide reasonable accommodation of qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the Company. If you have a disability and would like to request accommodation in order to apply for a position with us, please email [email protected].