fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that produces nourishing and great-tasting milk-based products made using a patented cold-filtration process that removes some natural sugars while concentrating the protein and calcium naturally found in real cows’ milk.
Our line of delicious, lactose-free fairlife® products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk, which has 50% more protein and 50% less sugar than regular milk; fairlife® with DHA, ultra-filtered milk with DHA Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health; fairlife YUP!®, a line of flavored milks; Core Power® High Protein Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery; fairlife smart snacks®, a drinkable snack to help curb hunger between meals; fairlife® nutrition plan™, a nutrition shake to support one’s journey to better health; and the newly launched fairlife® creamers, coffee creamers designed to help enhance your coffee experience. In partnership with The Coca-Cola Company®, fairlife ultra-filtered milk and Core Power high protein shakes are distributed throughout the United States (U.S.) and Canada; all other fairlife drinks are available in the U.S.
To learn more about fairlife and its collection of products, please visit fairlife.com.
job purpose: The Plant Controller will function as a business partner with plant and financial management to effectively manage and control the local business. The controller will oversee the daily accounting/financial operations of the plant. This person will be accountable for the manufacturing plant’s accounting practices, the maintenance of fiscal records and the preparation of its financial reports. Plant level responsibilities include month-end closing, managing customer invoicing, accounts payable, inventory control, fixed asset accounting, capital spending and project management, cost accounting, general budgeting, forecasting, internal controls and business analysis. He/she will also liaison with corporate financial staff on a regular basis.
Reporting and Analysis:
- Develop, analyze and interpret statistical and accounting information. Effectively report on and analyze operating results, performance against budget and other matters bearing on the financial and operating effectiveness of the plant
- Performs and monitors the plant’s monthly closing process, annual coordination of audit requirements
- Communicates results effectively to management and non-financial personnel
- Provides risk analysis for contingency planning
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the annual budget and be a key contributor in the annual strategic planning process and the development of operational objectives for the plant that are aligned to Corporate strategic objectives
- Key stakeholder and driver of regular financial forecasts and projections for the plant
Financial and Operational Controls:
- Ensures that there is an effective and efficient system of internal controls including; data integrity, asset protection, segregation of duties, budgeting, financial reporting, information systems and adherence to corporate policies and governmental regulations (GAAP, SOX compliance, etc.). Ensure that accountability for internal controls is clear and that processes are documented and adhered to
- Drive processes to monitor and improve the consumption of milk, materials and utilities against budget and historical averages
- Leads proactive development of contingency plans, productivity improvement and corrective actions to ensure facility financial results is optimized
- Assist in contract review, evaluation and negotiation
Drive Plant Profitability:
- Leads actions in line with achieving targets, mitigating risk and prioritizing resource needs.
- Provides investment analysis
- Assists in contract evaluation and negotiation
- Educates plant personnel on key performance metrics
Plant Process and Administrative Leadership:
- Partner with site Leadership team in the development of projects that improve productivity.
- Effectively manage and develop the accounting/finance department staff, fostering an environment of continuous improvement and career growth.
- ERP implementation/training/change management a plus.
- Performs other related duties & participates in special projects as assigned.
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance required. CPA and/or MBA a preferred
- 5-10 years of experience as plant controller or cost manager in a manufacturing environment, managing a staff, with an emphasis on cost accounting, reporting and variance analysis
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid and positive professional relationships with subordinates, peers and upper management
- Strong leadership, communication and team building skills
- Proficient in use of accounting systems, implementation of financial practices, analysis of financial and operating information to facilitate decision making and recommending actions to improve
- Proficient in Microsoft products, database software and other applicable accounting and financial software and systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle ambiguity and work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
position location: Coopersville, MI
reports to: VP, Finance & Accounting