fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that produces nourishing and great-tasting milk-based products made using a patented cold-filtration process that removes some natural sugars while concentrating the protein and calcium naturally found in real cows’ milk.
Our line of delicious, lactose-free fairlife® products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk, which has 50% more protein and 50% less sugar than regular milk; fairlife® with DHA, ultra-filtered milk with DHA Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health; fairlife YUP!®, a line of flavored milks; Core Power® High Protein Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery; fairlife® nutrition plan™, a nutrition shake to support one’s journey to better health; and the newly launched fairlife® Light Ice Cream, a line of creamy, frozen desserts. In partnership with The Coca-Cola Company®, fairlife ultra-filtered milk and Core Power high protein shakes are distributed throughout the United States (U.S.) and Canada; all other fairlife products are available in the U.S.
To learn more about fairlife and its collection of products, please visit fairlife.com.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information: fairlife, LLC complies with the federal contractor COVID-19 vaccination mandate, which requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 18, 2022, except for those with documented and approved medical or religious accommodations. Prior to starting with fairlife, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be at least partially vaccinated against COVID-19 and in the process of getting fully vaccinated; (ii) be able to provide fairlife with proof of vaccination, or (iii) have applied for and received a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.
job purpose: The packaging technician is responsible for the operation, set up, change over, sanitation, and basic preventative maintenance of the following manufacturing equipment: labeler, casepacker, and palletizer. The position is responsible to observe the operation and perform basic troubleshooting and minor repairs to ensure production equipment runs efficiently while meeting all quality specifications for the manufactured products. This includes feeding and removing various materials in and out of the equipment such as labels, corrugate, shrink film, and damaged product.
- Follow all safety, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and workplace rules
- Ability to work in a safe, efficient manner on equipment and follow all safety procedures including the use of safety equipment.to produce a quality product that meets all quality specifications
- Troubleshoot problems, perform minor repairs using the correct tools, and perform preventive maintenance tasks on the packaging equipment including reset of machine, clearing jams and report malfunctions to a supervisor to expedite repairs
- Demonstrate monitoring skills, using visual observation of gages and listening to mechanical sounds to make sure the equipment is working properly
- Supply or remove materials in and out of the machines such as labels, corrugate, shrink film, and damaged product
- Proactively monitor the production flow efficiently clears jams and continue production as necessary
- Clean the packaging equipment and surrounding areas to maintain an audit ready condition during production
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy
- Keep daily records of finished goods and rejected materials
- Aid in the training of new personnel
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 18 years or older
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required
- Basic computational skills required. Simple math and reasoning required
- Team-oriented and self-directed
- Experience with high speed production lines (fast-paced production environment)
working conditions and physical requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting/Standing/Walking/Lifting/Carrying: The packaging technician stands throughout their shift and walks on uneven concrete and tile surfaces. Lifting up to 60 pounds on a frequent basis and 80 pounds on occasional basis. Two or more employees complete lifts of greater than 80 pounds.
- Pushing/Pulling/Bending/Stooping: The packaging technician pushes/pulls rolls of materials on the equipment and stacks collapsed boxes on a pallet or recycle container. The packaging technician pushes/pulls while using brooms, dust mops and brushes during clean-up duties. The packaging technician bends and stoops occasionally throughout the workday for varying lengths of time.
- Squatting/Kneeling/Crawling/Twisting/Turning: The packaging technician may squat to pick up product from the floor, or during various clean-up duties. Occasional slight twisting and turning at the waist when loading material, or when performing responsibilities.
- Climbing/Balancing/Reaching: The packaging technician steps on and off the platforms and steps. The packaging technician reaches below and/or above shoulder level when removing or adding boxes to a pallet, loading materials or dumping and climbs on ladders to access equipment.
- Grasping/Manipulation: Frequent use of the hands and fingers is required.
food safety requirements:
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required that may affect product quality or food safety.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Control further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- In the event of absence, another employee with the same skill level will assume the duties and responsibilities as required.
position location: Goodyear, AZ
reports to: Packaging Supervisor
fairlife, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. All qualified applicants and employees will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
In addition to its nondiscrimination commitment, the Company will also provide reasonable accommodation of qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the Company. If you have a disability and would like to request accommodation in order to apply for a position with us, please email [email protected].