fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that produces nourishing and great-tasting milk-based products made using a patented cold-filtration process that removes some natural sugars while concentrating the protein and calcium naturally found in real cows’ milk.
Our line of delicious, lactose-free fairlife® products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk, which has 50% more protein and 50% less sugar than regular milk; fairlife® with DHA, ultra-filtered milk with DHA Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health; fairlife YUP!®, a line of flavored milks; Core Power® High Protein Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery; fairlife smart snacks®, a drinkable snack to help curb hunger between meals; fairlife® nutrition plan™, a nutrition shake to support one’s journey to better health; and the newly launched fairlife® creamers, coffee creamers designed to help enhance your coffee experience. In partnership with The Coca-Cola Company®, fairlife ultra-filtered milk and Core Power high protein shakes are distributed throughout the United States (U.S.) and Canada; all other fairlife drinks are available in the U.S.
To learn more about fairlife and its collection of products, please visit fairlife.com.
job purpose: The Packaging Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily/nightly operations of the Goodyear Packaging Department. The Packaging Manager reports to the Plant manager and oversees the supervisory staff and implements operations programs and policies. This is a key role to ensure the packaging back end of the site is running efficiently and we are creating a modern work culture for our employees.
- Review daily inventories and the daily production plan with the Production Planner, develop production and efficiency reports, and coordinate schedule demands with staff and product movement personnel
- Work in parallel with Processing Manager
- Accountable for third party Food Safety and GMP audits/results as well as internal Quality and Food Safety programs
- Review plant quality through the review of microbiology test results, investigation and eradication of high or repeat area or product counts
- Review product and equipment specifications to ensure conformance to product specifications are realized
- Review all nonconforming product or ingredients with Quality Assurance Manager
- Monitor processing department throughout shift and assure employee compliance with GMP’s, sanitation, and safety. Review daily audit reports
- Verify that all plant packaging equipment is in good working condition and all preventative maintenance is being performed on a scheduled basis by reviewing Preventive Maintenance schedules with the Maintenance Manager
- Review all work orders and daily maintenance reports
- Manage processing department’s budget within financial guidance
- Manage processing teams on different days and schedules
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Food Science, or Dairy Science preferred, with proven knowledge of process flow and fluid mass balance
- 5-10 years’ experience in Fluid Milk or Value-Added processing required
- Working knowledge of PMO
- Proven experience working directly with FDA/USDA and/or other Federal/State regulatory agencies
- Proven experience working in a 24/7 operation with customers both upstream (Producers) and downstream (Packaging and Supply Chain)
- Ability to implement fundamental Lean Principles including 5S
- Ability to meet production schedules with shifting priorities
- Understanding of basic CIP operations, functionality and chemistry
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of the business
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills
- Ability to work all shifts including off shifts
- Ability to handle ambiguity and work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
food safety requirements:
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required that may affect product quality or food safety.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Control further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- In the event of absence, another employee with the same skill level will assume the duties and responsibilities as required.
position location: Goodyear, AZ
reports to: Plant Manager
travel requirements: 5-10% annually, 30% during training/onboarding period