fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that produces nourishing and great-tasting milk-based products made using a patented cold-filtration process that removes some natural sugars while concentrating the protein and calcium naturally found in real cows’ milk.
Our line of delicious, lactose-free fairlife® products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk, which has 50% more protein and 50% less sugar than regular milk; fairlife® with DHA, ultra-filtered milk with DHA Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health; fairlife YUP!®, a line of flavored milks; Core Power® High Protein Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery; fairlife smart snacks®, a drinkable snack to help curb hunger between meals; fairlife® nutrition plan™, a nutrition shake to support one’s journey to better health; and the newly launched fairlife® creamers, coffee creamers designed to help enhance your coffee experience. In partnership with The Coca-Cola Company®, fairlife ultra-filtered milk and Core Power high protein shakes are distributed throughout the United States (U.S.) and Canada; all other fairlife drinks are available in the U.S.
To learn more about fairlife and its collection of products, please visit fairlife.com.
job purpose: The Milk Receiver is a key member of the production team. The Milk Receiver will perform the daily activities of receiving, shipping, and storage of milk and milk products. The activities are inclusive from scaling to storage, to shipment, and the necessary duties to assure safe handling of product, proper sampling and testing, required documentation. Cleanup, CIP, and sanitation of equipment, trucks, tanks, lines, and the work area required. Cooperation with co-workers, haulers, member services, Lab, & Production is expected. Specific duties listed may be altered in the future as condition warrant.
- Product receiving & shipments: Assure the proper scaling, sampling, testing of product
- Record-keeping & documentation such as load temp, silo filled, truck CIP, receiving logs, testing logs & notifications, shipment records etc.
- Perform testing in accordance to Appendix N (Temperature, SL3, Tetracycline, Aflatoxin)
- Sanitation & cleaning of trucks, tanks, silos, lines, work areas, and maintain CIP systems
- Performs & monitors the filling, storage, and agitation of milk holding silos
- Assist with Lab & Production associates or any other duties as required and directed by supervisor and/or manager
- Comply with existing and/or future NMDA, USDA, FDA, or other regulatory agency as required
- Any other duties as needed throughout plant
- Weight Scale & Scale Equipment/Interface, Load-out Press & System, CIP Systems, Computer & Touch Screen Monitors, Copy Machine, Calculator, Analytical Equipment (Thermometers, pH meter, Titration Kits & Reagents, FT120 Milk Analyzer, Charm Testing Equipment), Phone & Radio, Hand Tools & Miscellaneous Manufacturing Equipment
- High School Diploma, General Education Degree (GED) or Equivalent Experience
- Food manufacturing, material handling and forklift operation experience preferred
- Prior experience in the dairy or cheese industry is preferred
- Prior experience in manufacturing is a plus
- Knowledge of HACCP, GMP's, OSHA and loss control programs is highly desirable
- Previous dairy plant experience in equipment CIP procedure and safe milk handling is a plus
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to adapt effectively within a continually changing and demanding environment
- Demonstrate an understanding of the products manufactured and the processes involved
- Basic understanding of equipment operations and minor troubleshooting ability
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability and willingness to communicate effectively in order to maintain high levels of Safety, Quality and Efficiency
- Ability to read and comprehend standard operating procedures and company guidelines in order to maintain regulatory compliance
- Ability to understand daily production needs
- Participate in a team environment safely
- Detail oriented, be quality minded
- Able to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment
position location: Dexter, NM
reports to: Production Manager