fairlife, LLC, is a Chicago-based health food company with a mission to enrich lives by sustainably providing nourishment and vitality to the world. We produce and market nutritious and great-tasting milk beverages made using a patented cold-filtration process that removes lactose and sugars while maximizing the natural proteins, nutrients, and minerals found in cow’s milk. The company was founded in 2012 by Select Milk Producers, Inc.®, a group of dairy farmers dedicated to the pursuit of higher quality milk and a desire to revitalize the dairy industry through forward-thinking product innovation.
Our line of delicious fairlife® products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk, the only cow’s milk with 50% more protein and 50% less sugar than regular milk for the whole family; Core Power®, a high protein milk shake for athletes and fitness enthusiasts to help build lean muscle and support healthy post-workout recovery; fairlife® with DHA, an ultra-filtered milk with DHA Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health; fairlife® YUP!™, a line of flavored milks; and the newly launched fairlife® Nutrition Plan™, a high protein, low sugar meal-replacement drink. In partnership with The Coca Cola Company®, fairlife ultra-filtered milk and Core Power high protein shakes are distributed throughout the United States (U.S.) and Canada; all other fairlife drinks are available nationwide in the U.S.
To learn more about fairlife and its collection of products, please visit fairlife.com.
job purpose: Under limited supervision, the Mechanical Engineer will provide technical solutions and expertise in operations and maintenance. The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for carrying out the duties of the Engineering/Maintenance Department, including design, research, prototyping, engineering documentation, estimating and process improvement. The successful candidate will report directly to the Maintenance Manager and collaborate with outside machine shop teams on design projects.
- Serve as a top resource and technical expert for the plant in all disciplines of maintenance, equipment processes and production reliability
- Engineer solutions using poke yoke mentality to improve equipment reliability including plant utilities. Assist technical departments with fishbone and 5-why lean practices for troubleshooting and resolving reoccurring issues
- Work closely with plant vendors to reverse engineer critical parts/components of equipment. Ensure quality parts are made to specification and assign revisions for precise documentation
- Lead the planning and implementation of capital projects. Develop plans, manage project budget, plan and schedule project timelines, track project deliverables using appropriate tools, provide direction and support to project team, constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders, implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve desired project outputs and evaluations and assessment of project results
- Coordinate, help, plan, and monitor the work of the maintenance and production departments. Monitor performance, discover root cause, MTBF implement improvements to eradicate variances. Provide technical support where necessary
- Organize and maintain new and existing engineering records
- Construct prototypes and confirm designs with Maintenance Manager/outside machine shop
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline required
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Ability to update P&ID’s, mechanical/electrical drawings and generate prints (SolidWorks and AutoCAD Experience required)
- Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Skilled in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in maintenance, and ERP applications
- Knowledge of budgeting cost estimating and fiscal management principles and procedures
- Able to understand and utilize engineering drawings, operating manuals, and blueprints to conduct business
- Able to maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Able to stand for extended periods of time, lift a minimum of 40 lbs. on an occasional basis, and able to climb ladders and work at elevations of 75 feet
- Ability to work all shifts including off shifts
- Ability to handle ambiguity and work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
position location: Coopersville, MI
reports to: Maintenance Manager