fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that produces nourishing and great-tasting milk-based products made using a patented cold-filtration process that removes some natural sugars while concentrating the protein and calcium naturally found in real cows’ milk.
Our line of delicious, lactose-free fairlife® products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk, which has 50% more protein and 50% less sugar than regular milk; fairlife® with DHA, ultra-filtered milk with DHA Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health; fairlife YUP!®, a line of flavored milks; Core Power® High Protein Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery; fairlife® nutrition plan™, a nutrition shake to support one’s journey to better health; and the newly launched fairlife® Light Ice Cream, a line of creamy, frozen desserts. In partnership with The Coca-Cola Company®, fairlife ultra-filtered milk and Core Power high protein shakes are distributed throughout the United States (U.S.) and Canada; all other fairlife products are available in the U.S.
To learn more about fairlife and its collection of products, please visit fairlife.com.
job purpose: The Maintenance Technician provides key support for the production manufacturing facility. They are knowledgeable of all production lines and equipment and have the ability to troubleshoot and repair or replace equipment throughout the facility. Responsible for completing work orders, carrying out preventative maintenance schedules, and the installation of new equipment among other tasks including day-to-day maintenance of facility grounds, building structures and utilities. Assists in ensuring that working environments are safe.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain plant equipment, facility structures, grounds and utilities
- Perform work order repairs, preventive maintenance inspections and repairs, equipment rebuilds, replacements and adjustments
- Set up and operate welders, drill press, grinder, hand tools and other metal working equipment
- Participate in plant safety, health and environmental programs
- Fabrication, innovation and modification of new and existing equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent and familiarity with above equipment required
- Computer literacy – Ability to use MS Outlook, Office, Word, Excel and Plant Controls Software
- At least 3 years’ experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanics and basic electrical repair
- Post-secondary education and/or a technical trade certificate is an asset
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Written and verbal communication skills – able to write detailed reports and findings
- Able to work independently without direct supervision
- Flexible to changing production and sanitation needs
- Ability to read and interpret documents, schematics and drawings
- Must be willing to work a changing shift schedule, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed
working conditions and physical requirements:
- Standing for extended periods is common along with sitting, kneeling, crouching, bending, reaching, crawling, climbing, grasping, lifting and carrying.
- Exposure to loud noises, dust, dirt, sparks, oil and smoke may occur.
- Protective safety equipment may be required including, but not limited to: hearing protection, bump caps, hair and beard nets, shoes, gloves, hardhat, and safety eyewear as needed.
- Regular use of a variety of machines and tools is essential.
- The job is performed indoors on a manufacturing floor as well as outdoor on plant grounds.
- May be required to use Forklift (Gas and Electric), farm tractor and attachments, company vehicle, lawn mower, weed eater, various hand tools, various power tools, acetylene torch, plasma cutter, welder, personal computer, copy and fax machine, calculator, and phone.
food safety requirements:
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required that may affect product quality or food safety.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Control further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- In the event of absence, another employee with the same skill level will assume the duties and responsibilities as required.
position location: Goodyear, AZ
reports to: Maintenance Manager
travel requirements: up to 10% during onboarding/training period
fairlife, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. All qualified applicants and employees will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
In addition to its nondiscrimination commitment, the Company will also provide reasonable accommodation of qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the Company. If you have a disability and would like to request accommodation in order to apply for a position with us, please email [email protected].