fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that creates great-tasting, nutrition-rich and value-added products to nourish consumers.
With nearly $1B in annual retail sales, fairlife’s growing portfolio of delicious, lactose-free, real dairy products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk; Core Power® High Protein Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery; fairlife® nutrition plan™, a nutrition shake to support the journey to better health; and fairlife® Light Ice Cream.
A wholly owned subsidiary of The Coca-Cola company, fairlife, LLC has been recognized by both Fast Company and Nielsen for its industry leading innovation.
The company is driven by its values of caring for the people, animals, and planet it touches across its business. By providing nourishing products, implementing stringent care standards for animals, and stewarding efficient operations and responsible packaging, fairlife, LLC puts a focus each day on making a positive impact for all.
To learn more about fairlife and its complete line of products, please visit fairlife.com.
job purpose: The Maintenance Supervisor will report to the Maintenance Manager. Under limited supervision, the Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for planning and overseeing the work of the maintenance staff to ensure safe and efficient operations of the facility. The maintenance staff is tasked with the upkeep of buildings and grounds, as well as upkeep of machinery and processing equipment needed to operate and maintain the facility. In addition to directing the work of subordinates, the Maintenance Supervisor may also be required to perform maintenance duties, as needed. The Maintenance Supervisor monitors and adheres to operating policies and procedures in accordance with established company policy.
- Maintain sufficient inventories of tools, parts and supplies in order to properly maintain the facility and property.
- Maintain systems for monitoring and tracking service requests, preventive maintenance work performed, compliance with Hazard Communications program requirements, compliance with safety requirements, supplies and parts inventories, purchases, and turn-key operations.
- Keeps parts room and shop areas in a neat, well-stocked, clean, organized manner, per company visual control, 7’s, audit ready standards and programs.
- Assist Maintenance Manager with preparation of yearly and monthly maintenance operating budgets in accordance with facility objectives.
- Work with Maintenance Manager to adhere to budgeted cost parameters.
- Order and purchase supplies, equipment and contract work according to required purchasing and bidding procedures.
- Ensure adherence to customer service standards. Works with maintenance staff to ensure that production, processing and facility maintenance equipment issues are dealt with in a timely manner and that proper follow-through is done.
- Regularly inspects facility property/grounds and ensures required maintenance and repairs are completed, as necessary.
- Solicit bids for outside contract work and schedules and supervises outside contractors.
- Work with Maintenance Manager to hire, train and develop on-site maintenance employees according to company policy and procedure.
- Schedule maintenance employees according to forecasted workloads.
- Maintain facility drawings/maps that clearly identifies all utility cut-offs, the location of hydrants, gas mains and any other property safety information.
- Work with Maintenance Manager to conduct regular on-site safety meetings and ensures compliance with all federal, state and local safety regulations, including OSHA, EPA, Workers’ Compensation and Hazard Communications. Ensures that all hazardous materials are properly labeled, stored and handled.
- Complete facility maintenance tasks and responds to facility service requests. Repairs and maintains facility plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and security systems.
- Oversee and ensures the computerized maintenance management system for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment is maintained and updated timely, accurately and promptly.
- Review the operation of plant equipment to minimize unplanned downtime and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to electrical and instrumentation maintenance are always met.
- Responsible for the trouble shooting, root cause analysis, safe maintenance, repair and replacement of plant equipment and systems, to ensure maximum productivity and quality.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline is preferred or six years of experience in a leadership role; or an equivalent combination of education and experience are required.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
food safety requirements:
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required that may affect product quality or food safety.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Control further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- In the event of absence, another employee with the same skill level will assume the duties and responsibilities as required.
position location: Goodyear, AZ
reports to: Maintenance Manager
fairlife, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. All qualified applicants and employees will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
In addition to its nondiscrimination commitment, the Company will also provide reasonable accommodation of qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the Company. If you have a disability and would like to request accommodation in order to apply for a position with us, please email [email protected].