fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that produces nourishing and great-tasting milk-based products made using a patented cold-filtration process that removes some natural sugars while concentrating the protein and calcium naturally found in real cows’ milk.
Our line of delicious, lactose-free fairlife® products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk, which has 50% more protein and 50% less sugar than regular milk; fairlife® with DHA, ultra-filtered milk with DHA Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health; fairlife YUP!®, a line of flavored milks; Core Power® High Protein Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery; fairlife smart snacks®, a drinkable snack to help curb hunger between meals; fairlife® nutrition plan™, a nutrition shake to support one’s journey to better health; and the newly launched fairlife® creamers, coffee creamers designed to help enhance your coffee experience. In partnership with The Coca-Cola Company®, fairlife ultra-filtered milk and Core Power high protein shakes are distributed throughout the United States (U.S.) and Canada; all other fairlife drinks are available in the U.S.
To learn more about fairlife and its collection of products, please visit fairlife.com.
The Maintenance Supervisor will be part of the management team within fairlife, LLC. reporting to the Operations Manager. Under limited Supervision, the maintenance supervisor is responsible for planning and overseeing the work of maintenance staff to ensure safe and efficient operations of the facility. The maintenance staff is tasked with the upkeep of buildings and grounds, as well as upkeep of machinery and processing equipment needed to operate and maintain the facility. In addition to directing the work of subordinates, the maintenance supervisor may also be required to perform maintenance duties as needed. The maintenance supervisor monitors and adheres to operating policies, and procedures in accordance with established company policy.
- Maintain sufficient inventories of tools, parts and supplies in order to properly maintain the facility and property
- Maintains systems for monitoring and tracking service requests, preventive maintenance work performed, compliance with Hazard Communications program requirements, compliance with safety requirements, supplies and parts inventories, purchases, and turn-key operations
- Keeps parts room and shop areas in a neat, well-stocked, clean, organized manner, per company visual control, 7’s, audit ready standards and programs
- Assists Operations Manager with preparation of yearly and monthly maintenance operating budgets in accordance with facility objectives. Assists with preparation of re-forecasts, re-builds or project costs as required
- Works with Operations Manager to adhere to budgeted cost parameters
- Order and purchase supplies, equipment and contract work according to required purchasing and bidding procedures
- Ensures adherence to customer service standards. Works with maintenance staff to ensure that production, processing and facility maintenance equipment issues are dealt with in a timely manner and that proper follow-through is done
- Regularly inspects facility property/grounds and ensures required maintenance and repairs are completed, as necessary
- Solicits bids for outside contract work and schedules and supervises outside contractors
- Works with Operations Manager to hire, train and develop on-site maintenance employees according to company policy and procedure
- Schedules maintenance employees according to forecasted workloads
- Works with Operations Manager to counsel and review maintenance employees as necessary and as required by company policy and procedure
- Works with maintenance employees and other department Supervisors and managers to develop an effective, proactive team that works together to achieve facility objectives
- Ensures adherence to company safety standards, policies and procedures. Ensures maintenance staff correctly wears and uses safety equipment, as required. Also, ensures that all safety inspections are completed as required and ensures adherence to company policies
- Maintains facility drawings/maps that clearly identifies all utility cut-offs, the location of hydrants, gas mains and any other property safety information
- Works with Operations Manager to conduct regular on-site safety meetings and ensures compliance with all federal, state and local safety regulations, including OSHA, EPA, Workers’ Compensation and Hazard Communications. Ensures that all hazardous materials are properly labeled, stored and handled
- Completes facility maintenance tasks and responds to facility service requests. Repairs and maintains facility plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and security systems
- Oversees and ensures the computerized maintenance management system for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment is maintained and updated timely, accurately and promptly
- Reviews the operation of plant equipment to minimize unplanned downtime and identify opportunities for improvement
- Ensures city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to electrical and instrumentation maintenance are always met
- Responsible for the trouble shooting, root cause analysis, safe maintenance, repair and replacement of plant equipment and systems, to ensure maximum productivity and quality
- Supervises and coordinates the daily activities of the maintenance planning, parts room, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation personnel
- Follow all safety and working rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
food safety responsibilities:
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required that may affect product quality or food safety.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Control further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- In the event of absence, another employee with the same skill level will assume the duties and responsibilities as required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline is preferred or six years of experience in a leadership role; or an equivalent combination of education and experience are required.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Welding, EPA & HVAC certification or experience are a plus.
position location: Dexter, NM
reports to: Operations Manager