fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that creates great-tasting, nutrition-rich and value-added products to nourish consumers.
With more than $1B in annual retail sales, fairlife’s growing portfolio of delicious, lactose-free, real dairy products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk; Core Power® High Protein Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery; fairlife® nutrition plan™, a nutrition shake to support the journey to better health; and fairlife® Light Ice Cream.
A wholly owned subsidiary of The Coca-Cola company, fairlife, LLC has been recognized by both Fast Company and Nielsen for its industry leading innovation.
The company is driven by its values of caring for the people, animals, and planet it touches across its business. By providing nourishing products, implementing stringent care standards for animals, and stewarding efficient operations and responsible packaging, fairlife, LLC puts a focus each day on making a positive impact for all.
To learn more about fairlife and its complete line of products, please visit fairlife.com.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information: fairlife, LLC complies with the federal contractor COVID-19 vaccination mandate, which requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 18, 2022, except for those with documented and approved medical or religious accommodations. Prior to starting with fairlife, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be at least partially vaccinated against COVID-19 and in the process of getting fully vaccinated; (ii) be able to provide fairlife with proof of vaccination, or (iii) have applied for and received a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.
job purpose: The Maintenance Supervisor will be part of the site maintenance staff responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of all production equipment, utilities, buildings, and grounds for his/her assigned shift. The maintenance supervisor is directly responsible for planning, scheduling, coordination, execution and auditing/confirmation of the performance of maintenance associates reporting to him/her to ensure safe and efficient operations of the facility. The maintenance supervisor will be required to collaborate directly with all other operations supervisors, managers and associates to ensure work can be performed with minimal or no impact to operations. In addition to directing the work of subordinates, the maintenance supervisor may also be required to perform maintenance duties himself as needed. The maintenance supervisor monitors and adheres to all established company operating policies and procedures.
- Maintain sufficient inventories of tools, parts and supplies in order to properly maintain the facility and property.
- Maintains systems for monitoring and tracking service requests, preventive maintenance work performed, compliance with Hazard Communications program requirements, compliance with safety requirements, supplies and parts inventories, purchases, and turn-key operations.
- Keeps parts room and shop areas in a neat, well-stocked, clean, organized manner, per company visual controls, audit-ready standards and programs.
- Assists maintenance manager with preparation of yearly and monthly maintenance operating budgets in accordance with facility objectives. Assists with preparation of re-forecasts, re-builds or project costs as required.
- Works with maintenance manager to adhere to budgeted cost parameters.
- Order and purchase supplies, equipment and contract work according to required purchasing and bidding procedures.
- Ensures adherence to customer service standards. Works with maintenance staff to ensure that production, processing, utilities and facility equipment maintenance issues are dealt with in a thorough and timely manner and that proper follow-through is done.
- Regularly inspects facility property/grounds and ensures required maintenance and repairs are completed, as necessary.
- Solicits bids for outside contract work and schedules and supervises outside contractors.
- Works with Maintenance Manager to hire, train and develop on-site maintenance employees according to company policy and procedure.
- Schedules maintenance employees according to forecasted workloads.
- Works with Maintenance Manager to counsel and review maintenance employees as necessary and as required by company policy and procedure.
- Works with maintenance employees and other department Supervisors and managers to develop an effective, proactive team that works together to achieve facility objectives.
- Ensures adherence to company safety standards, policies and procedures. Ensures maintenance staff correctly wears and uses safety equipment, as required. Also, ensures that all safety inspections are completed as required and ensures adherence to company policies.
- Maintains facility drawings/maps that clearly identifies all utility cut-offs, the location of hydrants, gas mains and any other property safety information.
- Works with Maintenance Manager to conduct regular on-site safety meetings and ensures compliance with all federal, state and local safety regulations, including OSHA, EPA, Workers’ Compensation and Hazard Communications. Ensures that all hazardous materials are properly labeled, stored and handled.
- Completes facility maintenance tasks and responds to facility service requests. Repairs and maintains facility plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and security systems.
- Oversees and ensures the computerized maintenance management system for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment is maintained and updated timely, accurately and promptly.
- Reviews the operation of plant equipment to minimize unplanned downtime and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ensures city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to electrical and instrumentation maintenance are met at all times.
- Responsible for the trouble shooting, root cause analysis, safe maintenance, repair and replacement of plant equipment and systems, to ensure maximum productivity and quality.
- Supervises and coordinates the daily activities of the maintenance planning, parts room, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation personnel.
- Follow all safety and working rules.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline is preferred or six years of experience in a leadership role; or an equivalent combination of education and experience are required.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Beverage manufacturing maintenance experience preferred
- Dairy manufacturing experience preferred
food safety requirements:
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required that may affect product quality or food safety.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Control further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- In the event of absence, another employee with the same skill level will assume the duties and responsibilities as required.
position location: Goodyear, AZ
reports to: Maintenance Manager
fairlife, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. All qualified applicants and employees will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
In addition to its nondiscrimination commitment, the Company will also provide reasonable accommodation of qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the Company. If you have a disability and would like to request accommodation in order to apply for a position with us, please email [email protected]