fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that produces nourishing and great-tasting milk-based products made using a patented cold-filtration process that removes some natural sugars while concentrating the protein and calcium naturally found in real cows’ milk.
Our line of delicious, lactose-free fairlife® products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk, which has 50% more protein and 50% less sugar than regular milk; fairlife® with DHA, ultra-filtered milk with DHA Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health; fairlife YUP!®, a line of flavored milks; Core Power® High Protein Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery; fairlife smart snacks®, a drinkable snack to help curb hunger between meals; fairlife® nutrition plan™, a nutrition shake to support one’s journey to better health; and the newly launched fairlife® creamers, coffee creamers designed to help enhance your coffee experience. In partnership with The Coca-Cola Company®, fairlife ultra-filtered milk and Core Power high protein shakes are distributed throughout the United States (U.S.) and Canada; all other fairlife drinks are available in the U.S.
To learn more about fairlife and its collection of products, please visit fairlife.com.
job purpose: The Maintenance Planner will be reporting to the Maintenance Manager. Under limited Supervision, the maintenance planner determines how the job will be performed and who will perform which activities. The maintenance planner is responsible for facilitating communication between production departments and maintenance departments. This individual needs to be able to keep equipment maintained while slowing down production minimally. All maintenance problems must be solved taking the budget, environment and safety into consideration. The maintenance planner is also often required to keep track of maintenance supplies that are used during regular maintenance so that supplies can be replenished. Any repairs made need to be documented in the new CMMS system, you will have a role in setting up this new system.
- Coordinate work with the production department and ensuring that all equipment and machinery are functioning to full capacity
- Maintain records of service cycles and other maintenance activities
- Plan maintenance and service procedures in a facility
- Responsible for initial screening of incoming work orders, identification of scope, and analysis of required level of planning
- Conduct job evaluations to determine, identify and document job requirements
- Identify specific safety hazards that will be encountered in the performance of the proposed work
- Make safety procedures, including lock-out/tag out procedures are available and used by personnel performing the work. Ensures that all aspects of the existing company safety policies are incorporated into the job plan
- Estimate required hours on work order and PM tasks, total work order and PM duration, and skills required to perform task
- Plan jobs with the appropriate level of detail for the given mechanical, electrical skill or work force
- Determine and includes Quality Assurance requirements on job
- Procure equipment and specialized tools required to perform job
- Gather necessary engineering, contractors, or technical documents, specifications, and drawings
- Write clear and concise work procedures
- Determine and arranges parts required to perform the work to included kitting the parts required
- Plan parts for all projects to increase “wrench time” and increase efficiencies
- Compile information into a job package that is ready for mechanics or operators – clearly communicates regarding critical steps in the process
- Print and deliver work orders and PM’s to mechanics and operators in conjunction with the weekly work schedule
- Upon completion of jobs, communicates and solicits feedback with mechanics and operators regarding ideas and procedures that would make future jobs more efficient
- Can accurately measure the maintenance backlog in its various forms and continually maintains no less than 2 weeks’ worth of ready backlog at all times
- Responsible for equipment and repair parts data entry and management
- Ensure all work orders and maintenance log items are closed when work is completed
- Communicate with contractor resources directly on specific work orders assigned to the contractors and the performance expectations of the work order. Does not manage the contractor but ensures that all the details of the work order are clearly communicated and understood
- Compile and deliver reports from CMMS system regarding the work execution management process
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required
- Experience with current CMMS system preferred
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a mechanical discipline
- Strong mechanical/electrical aptitude
- Some level of supervisory experience preferred
- Computer Skills required including CMMS systems, Microsoft Office, MS Project, etc.
- Able to read and interpret vendor manuals and drawings
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with mechanics, operators, vendors, OEM suppliers, and management personnel
- Able to perform some level of cost analysis and work within a structural budget
- Ability to write detailed repair reports
- Able to deliver a clear and concise presentation when required
- Ability to learn and apply maintenance best practices
- Ability to plan and organize tasks, and maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Self-directing – Able to work towards specific goals and objectives with limited daily oversight
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Ability to analyze and assess training and development needs
- Systematic problem solver, implementing solutions to solve root cause
- Able to handle multiple complex priorities and balances the needs of each according to the business impact
- Ability to handle ambiguity and work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
working conditions and physical requirements:
- Sitting/standing/walking during completion of job responsibilities.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Occasional reaching/bending may be required
food safety requirements:
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required that may affect product quality or food safety.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Control further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- In the event of absence, another employee with the same skill level will assume the duties and responsibilities as required.
position location: Goodyear, AZ
reports to: Maintenance Manager
travel requirements: 5-10% annually, increased travel during training/onboarding period