fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that produces nourishing and great-tasting milk-based products made using a patented cold-filtration process that removes some natural sugars while concentrating the protein and calcium naturally found in real cows’ milk.
Our line of delicious, lactose-free fairlife® products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk, which has 50% more protein and 50% less sugar than regular milk; fairlife® with DHA, ultra-filtered milk with DHA Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health; fairlife YUP!®, a line of flavored milks; Core Power® High Protein Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery; fairlife smart snacks®, a drinkable snack to help curb hunger between meals; fairlife® nutrition plan™, a nutrition shake to support one’s journey to better health; and the newly launched fairlife® creamers, coffee creamers designed to help enhance your coffee experience. In partnership with The Coca-Cola Company®, fairlife ultra-filtered milk and Core Power high protein shakes are distributed throughout the United States (U.S.) and Canada; all other fairlife drinks are available in the U.S.
To learn more about fairlife and its collection of products, please visit fairlife.com.
job purpose: The Maintenance Manager will have responsibility over the operation, care, and maintenance of all processing and packaging equipment, building, steam system, electrical, PLC programming, refrigeration and mechanical equipment, including the use of welding, gas, electrical and HVAC equipment in the plant. The Maintenance Manager of the Phoenix start up facility will build their own maintenance team and plan to execute a state-of-the-art dairy facility.
- Schedules the maintenance personnel to insure maximum process and product production consistent with plant objectives
- Responsible for the ordering of parts and materials needed to keep equipment operating efficiently and maintains inventories and security of parts and equipment
- Evaluates the performance of all maintenance personnel and submits recommendations regarding hiring, training and managing expectations
- Assists the Plant Manager in the preparation of capital expenditure budgets involving buildings, processing and packaging equipment
- Coordinates the work of the maintenance department with all other departments.
- Management of daily/weekly employee work schedules
- Serve as a leader of the facility in maintaining and reporting all production equipment and support equipment including pumps, pasteurizers, homogenizers, process equipment, evaporators, dryers, valves, baggers, controls, air-compressors, refrigeration equipment, compressors, thermal storage units, condensers, vacuum pumps, air conditioning units, sewer meters, waste water systems, conductivity meters, water meters, etc.
- Reviews the condition of all buildings and equipment; noting safety violations, maintenance needs of physical plant including roofs, heating, ventilating equipment, elevators, overhead doors, and equipment preparing reports with recommendations for improvement
- Oversee the fabrication and manufacturing of equipment for production needs; product and process piping, sanitary equipment, steam lines, chemical lines, pneumatic lines, etc.
- Documentation of all schematic, diagram changes, and PLC programming documentation changes to keep plant records current
- Responsible for developing and implementation of a predictive and preventive maintenance program; directly supervises a general maintenance crew in preventive maintenance and other assignments as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience required
- 7 years of experience in a production setting involving CPG, electronics, instrumentation, refrigeration, electrical, or general mechanical
- 5 years of supervisory experience required
- Previous experience with computerized maintenance systems (EAM)
- Ability to handle ambiguity and work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Dairy and/or high-speed beverage maintenance experience
- Aseptic maintenance experience
- Successful preventive maintenance experience
- Demonstrated results from leadership successes and team development
- Exposure to lean manufacturing
food safety requirements:
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required that may affect product quality or food safety.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Control further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- In the event of absence, another employee with the same skill level will assume the duties and responsibilities as required.
position location: Goodyear, AZ
reports to: Plant Manager
travel requirements: 30% during training and factory acceptance test of equipment prior to plant start-up.