fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that creates great-tasting, nutrition-rich and value-added products to nourish consumers.
With more than $1B in annual retail sales, fairlife’s growing portfolio of delicious, lactose-free, real dairy products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk; Core Power® High Protein Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery; fairlife® nutrition plan™, a nutrition shake to support the journey to better health; and fairlife® Light Ice Cream.
A wholly owned subsidiary of The Coca-Cola company, fairlife, LLC has been recognized by both Fast Company and Nielsen for its industry leading innovation.
The company is driven by its values of caring for the people, animals, and planet it touches across its business. By providing nourishing products, implementing stringent care standards for animals, and stewarding efficient operations and responsible packaging, fairlife, LLC puts a focus each day on making a positive impact for all.
To learn more about fairlife and its complete line of products, please visit fairlife.com.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information: fairlife, LLC complies with the federal contractor COVID-19 vaccination mandate, which requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 18, 2022, except for those with documented and approved medical or religious accommodations. Prior to starting with fairlife, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be at least partially vaccinated against COVID-19 and in the process of getting fully vaccinated; (ii) be able to provide fairlife with proof of vaccination, or (iii) have applied for and received a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.
job purpose: Maintenance Line Lead will work independently and with other plant personnel to perform preventative, predictive and routine maintenance tasks Focusing on assigned line and the systems associated with it. All tasks will be performed while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the company.
- Owner of the maintenance and reliability production line
- Ensure the Lines are not constrained due to the lack of technical capability or knowledge.
- Ensure all maintenance tasks are planned, organized, and executed efficiently and at the best cost.
- Transfer working knowledge and machine to the Line teams
- Provide coaching, teaching, and assessment of PM to operators, techs, and others.
- Ensure alignment with Line Leader and teams, supporting the training and development of equipment /process/area/ system, owners.
- Focused on troubleshooting issues, repairing failures of production and facilities equipment, and ensure maximum equipment efficiency and effectiveness.
- Troubleshoot, repair, or replace control devices such as switches, photo eyes, proximity sensors, pushbuttons, contactors, motor starters, etc. as needed.
- Perform work order repairs, preventive maintenance inspections and repairs, equipment rebuilds and adjustments.
- Able to set up and operate welders, drill press, grinder, hand tools and other metal working equipment.
- Fabrication, innovation, and modification of new and existing equipment.
- Participates in plant safety, health, and environmental programs.
- Critical focus on Line DDS and the support of healthy systems, management routines, and CI initiatives
- Reviews Production Data (Power Bi), and trends (Tetra Plantmaster), to find areas of opportunity for increased machine reliability.
- Works with Plant Maintenance planner to plan out all Maintence activities related to the line.
- Review and prioritize work orders and PM’s
- Lead optimization of startup and shutdown of Line and major maintenance interventions.
- Create OPL’s and train and qualify Line team in maintenance activities.
- Work with Plant Maintenance planner to develop and update annual maintenance plan.
- Other duties may be assigned. Review and prioritize work orders and PM’s
- Ensure work order backlog is current, and updated
- Support production, Help ensure success of quality case production on their line in any way needed
- Lead the review of the previous job completion results, other maintenance activities and today’s plan in the Daily Meeting. Plans should be adjusted accordingly based upon scheduled work, scheduled work completion and break in work.
- Lead optimization of startup and shutdown of Line and major maintenance interventions
- Ensure the revision and updating of “Maintenance Technical Documentation” occurs as necessary.
- Create OPL’s and train and qualify Line team in maintenance activities
- Develop and update annual maintenance plan and calendar
- Have at least 4 years’ experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanics, and basic electrical repair.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, schematics, and drawings.
- Ability to write detailed repair reports as well as good verbal communication.
- Post-secondary education and/or a technical trade certificate is an asset.
- Experience in the operation of a food beverage plant is an asset.
- Expertise and proficiency with basic office computer software, and the ability to learn how to effectively use maintenance software to input work order and Preventative maintenance data, research, and checkout parts.
- Strong organizational and technical skills
- Ability to teach, coach and develop others
- On-the-floor technical credibility with people doing the work.
- Is an active listener
- Has passion for the work and can help others see the losses.
- Personally committed to self-development required of the role.
- Flexible with work hours and will flow to the work
- Wiling to actively take part in planned stops and changeovers, flowing to the work as required
- Priority setting
- Strong Communication / Training Skills
- Technical and practical equipment and tool skills
- Maintenance Planning
- Breakdown Elimination
- CMMS skills
- Basic PC Skills
working conditions and physical requirements:
- Sitting/Standing/Walking: Stands, walks, and sits during completion of job responsibilities.
- Lifting/Carrying: Occasional lifting requirements as job demands. Must be able to lift a minimum of 100 lbs. on an occasional basis.
- Pushing/Pulling: Occasional pushing or pulling requirements.
- Bending/Stooping: Occasional bending and stooping requirements.
- Squatting/Kneeling/Crawling: Occasional kneeling or crawling requirements.
- Twisting/Turning: Ongoing twisting or turning requirements.
- Climbing/Balancing: Climbing and balancing is required during plant inspections, and other related job requirements. Must be able to climb ladders and work at elevations of 75 feet.
- Reaching: Ongoing reaching requirements associated with job requirements.
- Grasping/Manipulating: Grasping and manipulating of papers, objects, and equipment will be required. Ability to keyboard for data input will be required on an ongoing basis.
food safety requirements:
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required that may affect product quality or food safety.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Control further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- In the event of absence, another employee with the same skill level will assume the duties and responsibilities as required.
position location: Coopersville, MI
reports to: Maintenance Manager
fairlife, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. All qualified applicants and employees will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
In addition to its nondiscrimination commitment, the Company will also provide reasonable accommodation of qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the Company. If you have a disability and would like to request accommodation in order to apply for a position with us, please email [email protected].