fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that creates great-tasting, nutrition-rich and value-added products to nourish consumers.
With nearly $1B in annual retail sales, fairlife’s growing portfolio of delicious, lactose-free, real dairy products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk; Core Power® High Protein Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery; fairlife® nutrition plan™, a nutrition shake to support the journey to better health; and fairlife® Light Ice Cream.
A wholly owned subsidiary of The Coca-Cola company, fairlife, LLC has been recognized by both Fast Company and Nielsen for its industry leading innovation.
The company is driven by its values of caring for the people, animals, and planet it touches across its business. By providing nourishing products, implementing stringent care standards for animals, and stewarding efficient operations and responsible packaging, fairlife, LLC puts a focus each day on making a positive impact for all.
To learn more about fairlife and its complete line of products, please visit fairlife.com.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information: fairlife, LLC complies with the federal contractor COVID-19 vaccination mandate, which requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 18, 2022, except for those with documented and approved medical or religious accommodations. Prior to starting with fairlife, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be at least partially vaccinated against COVID-19 and in the process of getting fully vaccinated; (ii) be able to provide fairlife with proof of vaccination, or (iii) have applied for and received a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.
job purpose: The Laboratory Technician monitors and performs qualitative/quantitative testing of process and product attributes to ensure food safety and food quality; ensures compliance with all applicable regulations such as the Pasteurized Milk Ordinance; complies with all applicable standards such as GFSI (Global Food Safety), Third party audits such as Silliker, Kosher, and Organic requirements;
ensures processes, work in progress, incoming goods, in-process product, finished product meets specifications; interpretation of testing results to release of product that has met specifications; and processes documentation for non-conforming product and communicate information to plant management.
- Check butterfat, total solids, pH, acidity, flavor, odor, cryoscopy, viscosity, brix, HR-1, 2 &3, temperatures, antibiotics, coliform, DMC, DMSCC and SPC.
- Calculate formulas and accelerated shelf life testing.
- Performs in plant weight checks, temperature checks, ingredient usage and distribution, code date verification.
- Performs environmental testing and Pre-op swabbing and maintains all records.
- Conducts pathogen monitoring on raw & finished products and maintains results.
- Responsible for hold/release/rejection of finished goods and raw materials.
- Maintains all lab records, internal and external lab results, inspection reports, vitamin log, water & glycol records.
- Coordinates and maintains all third-party laboratory testing programs
- Responsible for maintaining proper calibration standards.
- Responsible for daily finished product evaluation and Appendix N antibiotic testing.
- Assists with state and federal lab inspections.
- Performs sensory evaluation of raw material and finished product
- Helps control plant losses.
- Completes all duties in a manner that is consistent with all aspects of the company safety rules and good manufacturing practices.
- Performs related duties as assigned by the Manager or Supervisor on duty.
- Responsible for microbiological testing/documentation of finished and in-process products; interpret the results and retest/report abnormalities as needed; generate standard report of results
- Conduct routine inspection of processing areas including documentation to ensure that all documentation is present and correct and that all areas comply with GMPs and sanitation requirements
- Performs Quality Team Audits, including Good Manufacturing Practices and Housekeeping.
- Manage the laboratory operations, maintain lab equipment and supplies
- Must be able to work with chemicals
- Must have High School diploma at a minimum. Bachelor’s degree in a science field or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- At least one or more years with previous laboratory with microbiology and chemistry experience required. Experience in a food production environment preferred.
- Must be accurate and precise in testing procedures and mix formulation calculations and have a keen sense of odors and flavors.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to read, write and interpret documents such as safety rules, procedure manuals and mathematical calculations.
- Must have the ability to read, comprehend and follow technical instructions, effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Must have the ability to hear and perceive information at normal spoken word levels.
Must be able to speak and understand English fluently.
- Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must have the ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed and involved written or oral instructions and mathematical calculations.
- Must have the ability to prioritize and organize.
- Must have the ability to demonstrate superb decision-making ability to determine best course of action in assessing test results.
- Must possess basic computer skills; knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet programs required. Knowledge of MS Office and SAP preferred.
- Knowledgeable with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), safety programs and procedures.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
working conditions and physical requirements:
- Up to 12 hours sitting/standing/walking
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Exposure to hazards (machinery, confined spaces, etc.)
- Must be able to work in and around loud noise levels, industrial machinery, air-conditioned environments suitable for carrying out controlled tests.
- Must be able to operate motorized vehicles or equipment
food safety requirements:
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required that may affect product quality or food safety.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Control further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- In the event of absence, another employee with the same skill level will assume the duties and responsibilities as required.
position location: Fair Oaks, IN
reports to: Plant Manager
schedule: Full or Part Time available
fairlife, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. All qualified applicants and employees will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
In addition to its nondiscrimination commitment, the Company will also provide reasonable accommodation of qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the Company. If you have a disability and would like to request accommodation in order to apply for a position with us, please email [email protected].