fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that produces nourishing and great-tasting milk-based products made using a patented cold-filtration process that removes some natural sugars while concentrating the protein and calcium naturally found in real cows’ milk.
Our line of delicious, lactose-free fairlife® products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk, which has 50% more protein and 50% less sugar than regular milk; fairlife® with DHA, ultra-filtered milk with DHA Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health; fairlife YUP!®, a line of flavored milks; Core Power® High Protein Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery; fairlife® nutrition plan™, a nutrition shake to support one’s journey to better health; and the newly launched fairlife® creamers, coffee creamers designed to help enhance your coffee experience; and the newly launched fairlife® Light Ice Cream, a line of creamy, frozen desserts. In partnership with The Coca-Cola Company®, fairlife ultra-filtered milk and Core Power high protein shakes are distributed throughout the United States (U.S.) and Canada; all other fairlife products are available in the U.S.
To learn more about fairlife and its collection of products, please visit fairlife.com.
job purpose: The fairlife team is looking for a hands-on IT Infrastructure and Services Manager (reporting to Senior Director of IT) who will lead, plan, organize, and direct the delivery, maintenance, and support of core IT services. This individual will have a diverse set of infrastructure and service delivery experience, excellent project management acumen, and proven vendor management experience. Primary responsibility is ensuring the company’s IT infrastructure, architecture, and support resources meet short- and long-term business and operational requirements while providing a world class end user experience.
- Build, manage, coach, and mentor a team of system administrators, service desk, IT operations and/or other specialists to ensure availability of critical skillsets and necessary manpower via internal hires or through external managed services.
- Oversee the monitoring, administration, maintenance, and support of IT systems that operate in a 24/7/365 multi-site manufacturing environment
- Partner with technology, business, functional and operational teams to build out the IT infrastructure and architecture roadmap, ITSM processes, and lead projects for your area of responsibility
- Analyze, prepare, and present technical solutions, cost/benefit analysis, and project updates to cross functional teams and leadership
- Develop and report IT service metrics and actionable plans to improve efficiency, costs, quality, and delivery.
- Identify, develop, manage, and review strategic Managed Service Providers (MSP’s) relationships and agreements that fill in gaps in capabilities or resource capacity.
- Provides technical subject matter expertise, analysis, and best practices recommendations across multiple infrastructure and services disciplines including networking, servers, cloud, SaaS, tools, ITSM capabilities, etc.
- Ensure current and future state IT infrastructure architecture and documentation are consistent with both business and IT needs and priorities
- Work closely with Cybersecurity experts and partners to design, implement and improve core IT systems, processes, and capabilities that mitigate IT security risks
- Identify opportunities to drive efficiency and scale within IT while supporting the organization’s growth
- Act as point of escalation and prioritization for IT service and infrastructure concerns from the business, ensuring business impacts are identified and discussed
- Develop and enhance business continuity/disaster recovery planning and test execution.
- Manage operating and infrastructure investment budgets; plan, forecast future needs; identify methods to create value through IT while striving to control costs.
- Establish and direct change management, incident management, help desk and other core ITSM processes
- Conduct periodic evaluation of licenses and services to ensure appropriate licensing levels, re-evaluating needs, and confirming cost/budget agreement
- Proactively review, monitor, and manage the lifecycle and support capabilities of all enterprise applications within the company's portfolio and recommend upgrades and/or changes
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
- 8+ years of infrastructure and IT service management experience
- 5+ years of demonstrated competence in people and cross functional project leadership
- 5+ years managing external service providers (MSP’s) performance and delivery
- Demonstrated experience and subject matter expertise of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and telecommunications systems (Microsoft O365, SQL Server, Azure Cloud, Cisco, Palo Alto, Nutanix, VMWare preferred)
- Experience leveraging IT administration and monitoring toolsets to drive IT efficiency and create data driven, actionable improvement plans (LogicMonitor, Jira Service Desk, ConnectWise, Datto, Bomgar)
- Experience administering and/or supporting Dynamics D365 F&O preferred
- Prior experience with implementing cybersecurity and security policies, processes, and operations
- Ability to effectively and concisely communicate complex technical solutions in business terms and benefits
- Hands-on, collaborative leadership style with a heavy focus on business engagement and user experience
- Mentor, coach, and transfer expertise to others as needed to provide skills training, improve coverage, and career development to team members
- Experience negotiating and managing service provider contracts
- Experience implementing ITIL within IT
- CPG or beverage manufacturing experience a plus
working conditions and physical requirements:
- Standard office hours and shared on-call duties for off hours
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
food safety requirements: Must follow standard company procedures for entry into plant areas
position location: Coopersville, MI or Goodyear, AZ
reports to: Senior IT Director
travel requirements: 10%
fairlife, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. All qualified applicants and employees will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
In addition to its nondiscrimination commitment, the Company will also provide reasonable accommodation of qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the Company. If you have a disability and would like to request accommodation in order to apply for a position with us, please email [email protected]airlife.com.