fairlife, LLC, is a Chicago-based health food company with a mission to enrich lives by sustainably providing nourishment and vitality to the world. We produce and market nutritious and great-tasting milk beverages made using a patented cold-filtration process that removes lactose and sugars while maximizing the natural proteins, nutrients, and minerals found in cow’s milk. The company was founded in 2012 by Select Milk Producers, Inc.®, a group of dairy farmers dedicated to the pursuit of higher quality milk and a desire to revitalize the dairy industry through forward-thinking product innovation.
Our line of delicious fairlife® products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk, the only cow’s milk with 50% more protein and 50% less sugar than regular milk for the whole family; Core Power®, a high protein milk shake for athletes and fitness enthusiasts to help build lean muscle and support healthy post-workout recovery; fairlife® with DHA, an ultra-filtered milk with DHA Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health; fairlife® YUP!™, a line of flavored milks; and the newly launched fairlife® Nutrition Plan™, a high protein, low sugar meal-replacement drink. In partnership with The Coca Cola Company®, fairlife ultra-filtered milk and Core Power high protein shakes are distributed throughout the United States (U.S.) and Canada; all other fairlife drinks are available nationwide in the U.S.
To learn more about fairlife and its collection of products, please visit fairlife.com.
The Plant IC Technician continuously evaluates the existing process control systems for reliability of control and effectiveness. In fulfilling these roles, the Plant IC Technician works closely with team department members, maintenance, and operations. Provide day-to-day technical support on process control systems and process control related tasks. Support implementation of new projects by configuring control modules, batch programs, and HMI graphics. Continually improve process control systems through Advanced Process Control, Alarm Management, and Operator Interface Optimization. Responsible for integration of PLCs, HMIs, VFDs, Servo Drives, and process controls. Responsible for training of end users on the operations of newly installed or modified process control systems. Responsible for the standardization of control systems and control logic designs, documentation of operation procedures and as-built drawings and logic. They will be the plant liaison for new system start up and commissioning by all outside controls contractors and system integrators to insure proper transfer of documented PLC program changes and adequate training on the installation/changes that have been completed.
- Perform routine and specialized duties in the repair and maintenance of instruments and controls involved in bringing materials from a raw state to a state that is ready for our customers.
- Work as part of a team to plan, analyze and control the quality of processes.
- Provide technical training to lower level personnel.
- Inspect, repair, and adjust Programmable Logic Controls (PLC), and Human Machine Interfaces (HMI), and related equipment using electrical test equipment, circuit diagrams, schematics and blueprints.
- Process technicians must work to arrange for repair and replacement of instruments and control systems that fail to operate. They must continuously monitor all operation processes so that a malfunction is immediately recognized and corrected.
- Responsible for the maintenance and updating of all process control network systems.
food safety requirements:
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required that may affect product quality or food safety.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Control further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- In the event of absence, another employee with the same skill level will assume the duties and responsibilities as required.
- Regular use of a variety of machines and tools is essential. Standing for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal range is important for conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents, manuals and drawings.
- Good math and reasoning ability is essential. Able to understand and utilize engineering drawings, operating manuals, and blueprints to conduct business.
- Sitting/Standing/Walking: Stands, walks and sits during completion of job responsibilities.
- Lifting/Carrying: Occasional lifting requirements as job demands. Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs. on an occasional basis.
- Pushing/Pulling: Occasional pushing or pulling requirements.
- Bending/Stooping: Occasional bending and stooping requirements.
- Squatting/Kneeling/Crawling: Occasional kneeling or crawling requirements.
- Twisting/Turning: Ongoing twisting or turning requirements.
- Climbing/Balancing Climbing and balancing is required during plant inspections, and other related job requirements.
- Reaching: Ongoing reaching requirements associated with job requirements.
- Grasping/Manipulating: Grasping and manipulating of papers, objects, and equipment will be required. Ability to keyboard for data input will be required on an ongoing basis.
- Minimum of three (3) years maintenance experience in industrial control system development and troubleshooting.
- Must have proven experience with the following PLCs: Allen Bradley SLC 500, CompactLogix & ControlLogix.
- Must have proven experience with the following HMI or SCADA software packages: Wonderware, FTView ME, FTView SE.
- Must have proven experience with the following industrial networks: ControlNet, EtherNet/IP.
- Strong PLC skills with expertise in system administrative and maintenance activities, and hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Experience programming in multiple languages that are IEC 61131-3 compliant, such as ladder diagram, function block diagram, structured text, instruction list and/or sequential function chart.
- An associate’s degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Technology or related military service training programs. Additional professional training.
- Additional experience with machinery repair and control systems.
- Additional training as an industrial electrician.
- Experience programming in visual basic.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
position location: Coopersville, MI
reports to: Maintenance Supervisor