fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that creates great-tasting, nutrition-rich and value-added products to nourish consumers.
With nearly $1B in annual retail sales, fairlife’s growing portfolio of delicious, lactose-free, real dairy products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk; Core Power® High Protein Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery; fairlife® nutrition plan™, a nutrition shake to support the journey to better health; and fairlife® Light Ice Cream.
A wholly owned subsidiary of The Coca-Cola company, fairlife, LLC has been recognized by both Fast Company and Nielsen for its industry leading innovation.
The company is driven by its values of caring for the people, animals, and planet it touches across its business. By providing nourishing products, implementing stringent care standards for animals, and stewarding efficient operations and responsible packaging, fairlife, LLC puts a focus each day on making a positive impact for all.
To learn more about fairlife and its complete line of products, please visit fairlife.com.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information: fairlife, LLC complies with the federal contractor COVID-19 vaccination mandate, which requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 18, 2022, except for those with documented and approved medical or religious accommodations. Prior to starting with fairlife, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be at least partially vaccinated against COVID-19 and in the process of getting fully vaccinated; (ii) be able to provide fairlife with proof of vaccination, or (iii) have applied for and received a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.
job purpose: The Plant IC Technician continuously evaluates the existing process control systems for reliability of control and effectiveness. In fulfilling these roles, the Plant IC Technician works closely with team department members, maintenance, and operations. Provide day-to-day technical support on process control systems and process control related tasks. Support implementation of new projects by configuring control modules, batch programs, and HMI graphics. Continually improve process control systems through Advanced Process Control, Alarm Management, and Operator Interface Optimization. Responsible for integration of PLCs, HMIs, VFDs, Servo Drives, and process controls. Responsible for training of end users on the operations of newly installed or modified process control systems. Responsible for the standardization of control systems and control logic designs, documentation of operation procedures and as-built drawings and logic. They will be the plant liaison for new system start up and commissioning by all outside controls contractors and system integrators to ensure proper transfer of documented PLC program changes and adequate training on the installation/changes that have been completed.
- Perform routine and specialized duties in the repair and maintenance and updating of instruments, controls and process control network systems involved throughout the entire manufacturing process
- Work as part of a team to plan, analyze and control the quality of processes
- Inspect, repair, and adjust Programmable Logic Controls (PLC), and Human Machine Interfaces (HMI), and related equipment using electrical test equipment, circuit diagrams, schematics and blueprints
- Work to arrange for repair and replacement of instruments and control systems that fail to operate. They must continuously monitor all operation processes so that a malfunction is immediately recognized and corrected.
- Continually improve process control systems through Advanced Process Control, Alarm Management, and Operator Interface Optimization.
- Plant liaison for new system start up and commissioning by all outside controls contractors and system integrators to ensure proper transfer of documented PLC program changes and adequate training on the installation/changes that have been completed.
- Responsible for integration of PLCs, HMIs, VFDs, Servo Drives, and process controls.
- Responsible for training of end users on the operations of newly installed or modified process control systems.
- Provide technical training to lower-level personnel.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Minimum of three (3) years maintenance experience in industrial control system development and troubleshooting.
- Must have proven experience with the following PLCs: Allen Bradley Micrologix or Micro800, CompactLogix & ControlLogix.
- Must have proven experience with the following HMI or SCADA programming and configuration
- Experience with Allen Bradley VFDs
- Must have proven experience with EtherNet/IP industrial networks
- Strong PLC skills with expertise in system administrative and maintenance activities, and hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Experience programming in multiple languages that are IEC 61131-3 compliant, such as ladder diagram, function block diagram, structured text, instruction list and/or sequential function chart.
- Associates degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Technology or related military service training programs. Additional professional training.
- Proven experience with FTView ME, FTView SE
- Experience with Siemens S7 PLCs
- Experience with Eaton and Danfoss VFDs
- Proven experience with the following industrial networks: CAN, BACnet, AS-i, Modbus.
- Familiarity with SQL databases.
- Additional experience with machinery repair and control systems.
- Additional training as an industrial electrician.
- Dairy and/or high-speed beverage maintenance experience
- Experience programming in visual basic or similar languages
working conditions and physical requirements:
- Regular use of a variety of machines and tools is essential. Standing for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal range is important for conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents, manuals and drawings
- Good math and reasoning ability is essential. Able to understand and utilize engineering drawings, operating manuals, and blueprints to conduct business
- Sitting/Standing/Walking: Stands, walks and sits during completion of job responsibilities.
- Lifting/Carrying: Occasional lifting requirements as job demands. Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs. on an occasional basis.
- Pushing/Pulling: Occasional pushing or pulling requirements
- Bending/Stooping: Occasional bending and stooping requirements
- Squatting/Kneeling/Crawling: Occasional kneeling or crawling requirements
- Twisting/Turning: Ongoing twisting or turning requirements.
- Climbing/Balancing Climbing and balancing is required during plant inspections, and other related job requirements.
- Reaching: Ongoing reaching requirements associated with job requirements.
- Grasping/Manipulating: Grasping and manipulating of papers, objects, and equipment will be required. Ability to keyboard for data input will be required on an ongoing basis.
food safety requirements:
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required that may affect product quality or food safety.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Control further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- In the event of absence, another employee with the same skill level will assume the duties and responsibilities as required.
position location: Goodyear, AZ
reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
travel requirements: Minimal
fairlife, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. All qualified applicants and employees will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
In addition to its nondiscrimination commitment, the Company will also provide reasonable accommodation of qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the Company. If you have a disability and would like to request accommodation in order to apply for a position with us, please email [email protected].