fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that produces nourishing and great-tasting milk-based products made using a patented cold-filtration process that removes some natural sugars while concentrating the protein and calcium naturally found in real cows’ milk.
Our line of delicious, lactose-free fairlife® products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk, which has 50% more protein and 50% less sugar than regular milk; fairlife® with DHA, ultra-filtered milk with DHA Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health; fairlife YUP!®, a line of flavored milks; Core Power® High Protein Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery; fairlife smart snacks®, a drinkable snack to help curb hunger between meals; fairlife® nutrition plan™, a nutrition shake to support one’s journey to better health; and the newly launched fairlife® creamers, coffee creamers designed to help enhance your coffee experience. In partnership with The Coca-Cola Company®, fairlife ultra-filtered milk and Core Power high protein shakes are distributed throughout the United States (U.S.) and Canada; all other fairlife drinks are available in the U.S.
To learn more about fairlife and its collection of products, please visit fairlife.com.
job purpose: The Freight Audit and Claims Specialist will ensure timely processing of freight bills and ensure carriers are properly billing fairlife per contracts in place. File claims as needed and follow through the system to ensure payments are issued. Follow up with returns and monitor transactions involved to ensure accurate inventory is kept for finished goods.
- Work with AP to confirm freight charges are accurate prior to payment being issued
- Report and record any inaccuracies in billing from carriers
- Follow up with carriers for corrected invoices when billed incorrectly
- File carrier claims for damaged or shipments damaged while in transit
- Review and validate detention and accessorial charges from carriers
- Transact returns and request credit from AP as needed
- Communicate when credit is issued to the customer
- Process weekly UPS Billing and send file to AP
- Ability to meet deadlines and close out any open items for month end in a timely manner
- Experience in Microsoft Office programs: Create/data entry into Excel spreadsheets
- Be Audit Ready: Workspace must be clean and organized. Documentation must be accurate and filed accordingly
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager
- Degree in Accounting / Logistics, or combination of education and experience required
- Previous experience in the Logistics field with freight invoicing and claim experience preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Attention to detail and reporting accuracy
working conditions and physical requirements:
- 8 hours sitting/standing/walking
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
food safety requirements:
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required that may affect product quality or food safety.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Control further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
position location: Coopersville, MI
reports to: Distribution Planning Lead