fairlife, LLC, is a Chicago-based health food company with a mission to enrich lives by sustainably providing nourishment and vitality to the world. We produce and market nutritious and great-tasting milk beverages made using a patented cold-filtration process that removes lactose and sugars while maximizing the natural proteins, nutrients, and minerals found in cow’s milk. The company was founded in 2012 by Select Milk Producers, Inc.®, a group of dairy farmers dedicated to the pursuit of higher quality milk and a desire to revitalize the dairy industry through forward-thinking product innovation.
Our line of delicious fairlife® products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk, the only cow’s milk with 50% more protein and 50% less sugar than regular milk for the whole family; Core Power®, a high protein milk shake for athletes and fitness enthusiasts to help build lean muscle and support healthy post-workout recovery; fairlife® with DHA, an ultra-filtered milk with DHA Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health; fairlife® YUP!™, a line of flavored milks; and the newly launched fairlife® Nutrition Plan™, a high protein, low sugar meal-replacement drink. In partnership with The Coca Cola Company®, fairlife ultra-filtered milk and Core Power high protein shakes are distributed throughout the United States (U.S.) and Canada; all other fairlife drinks are available nationwide in the U.S.
To learn more about fairlife and its collection of products, please visit fairlife.com.
job purpose: The Financial Planning & Analysis Manager – Supply Chain is a member of the Commercial Finance Team and reports to the Vice President of Finance. This role will partner with the COO, SVP of Operations and the fairlife Supply Chain and Operations teams to provide analytics, modeling, and insights to drive world class performance across manufacturing, supply chain, procurement, and R&D. Additionally, this role will lead analysis to maximize the financial returns of asset allocation strategy throughout the operational functions, locations and initiatives.
- Serve as a key financial business partner to the Supply Chain / Operations Leadership Team in planning, reporting and decision support. Ensure strong understanding of fairlife’s operations and supply chain functions by spending time at the facilities and with those responsible for the day-to-day business processes and systems
- Develop and manage financial modeling to analyze fairlife’s cost structure and forecast financial impact of operational strategies and investment decisions in a high-growth environment
- Provide transparency and insights for all the financial results for the manufacturing facilities, costs of goods sold, and key working capital drivers through trend, variance and key metric analyses as well as predictive production cost modeling to facilitate actionable adjustments and improvements
- Develop and manage all communication vehicles to provide all stakeholders the storylines & information when needed to make key business decisions
- Support finance routines such as financial cycles, capital projects, budgets, financial forecasts, margin initiatives, risk and opportunity management, board meeting preparation, and other CFO and COO needs
- Drive margin improvement by working with the operations and supply chain teams to optimize resource use, improve productivity, lower costs relative to revenue drivers and focus the company on maximizing efficiency
- Perform data validation to ensure accuracy and appropriateness of underlying data and analytic models
- Manage many initiatives and stakeholders in a very fast paced and fluid environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required
- 5 -10 years of progressive commercial finance experience with emphasis on quantitative reasoning, statistical, strategic analysis and analytical modeling, and operational reporting
- Experience in supply chain finance strongly preferred
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication
- Strong presentation and “storytelling” skills
- Strong financial modeling skills and use of key software programs to provide highest level of analytics in an efficient manner
- Self-directed and motivated to work with minimum supervision, conferring with manager or others on more complex matters
- Experience working cross-functionally in a team-oriented environment while also being able to work and think independently
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and modeling skills is required
- Demonstrated competency with ERP systems
- Experience in manufacturing and/or dairy is a plus
- Highly organized, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle ambiguity and work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
position location: Chicago, IL
reports to: Vice President, FP&A
travel requirements: 20-30%