fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that produces nourishing and great-tasting milk-based products made using a patented cold-filtration process that removes some natural sugars while concentrating the protein and calcium naturally found in real cows’ milk.
Our line of delicious, lactose-free fairlife® products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk, which has 50% more protein and 50% less sugar than regular milk; fairlife® with DHA, ultra-filtered milk with DHA Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health; fairlife YUP!®, a line of flavored milks; Core Power® High Protein Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery; fairlife® nutrition plan™, a nutrition shake to support one’s journey to better health; and the newly launched fairlife® creamers, coffee creamers designed to help enhance your coffee experience; and the newly launched fairlife® Light Ice Cream, a line of creamy, frozen desserts. In partnership with The Coca-Cola Company®, fairlife ultra-filtered milk and Core Power high protein shakes are distributed throughout the United States (U.S.) and Canada; all other fairlife products are available in the U.S.
To learn more about fairlife and its collection of products, please visit fairlife.com.
job purpose: The Filler Operator is a key member of the production team. The Operator must have: Knowledge of all production lines and equipment. Possess the ability to trouble-shoot and resolve issues; Responsible for system efficiencies: Sound communication skills, both verbal and written. Assist in the development and training of team members. Ensure that all documentation is accurate and complete. Ensure that GMPs, Sanitation requirements, PM’s, and performance measures are tracked and met.
- Clean, set-up, operate and monitor equipment of the production line
- Complete all required documentation and scheduled quality checks
- Monitor weights, seals, caps, cups, lids, foil seal and general packaging of product
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic to moderate operating difficulties
- Collect required samples needed for Quality Assurance testing
- Ensure that the proper packaging materials are used for each product being produced
- Will have working knowledge and experience with wrapper operations; watching for jams and effectively threading wrap to prevent cost downtime due to handler error
- Preform filler and filler line changeovers in a safe and efficient matter
- Complete cleaning checklist once line has completed run
- Prepare equipment for next run to include size changes as needed
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, and safe work area
- Use all personal protective equipment provided by the company in compliance with OSHA regulations
- Learn and adhere to safety and security policies and procedures
- High School Diploma or GED preferred; related experience and/or training; or, equivalent combination of education and experience
- Able to perform simple mathematical equations (add, subtract, multiply, and divide)
- Experienced at analyzing process data and equipment performance data to improve quality, throughput, and troubleshoot
- Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
working conditions and physical requirements:
- 8-12 hours standing/walking
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Reaching above head and bending may be required
- Exposure to hazards such as machinery, confined spaces, etc.
- Must be able to work in a wet environment. Some exposure to cleaning chemicals.
food safety requirements:
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required that may affect product quality or food safety.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Control further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- In the event of absence, another employee with the same skill level will assume the duties and responsibilities as required.
position location: Fair Oaks, IN
reports to: Plant Manager
fairlife, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. All qualified applicants and employees will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
In addition to its nondiscrimination commitment, the Company will also provide reasonable accommodation of qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the Company. If you have a disability and would like to request accommodation in order to apply for a position with us, please email [email protected].