fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that produces nourishing and great-tasting milk-based products made using a patented cold-filtration process that removes some natural sugars while concentrating the protein and calcium naturally found in real cows’ milk.
Our line of delicious, lactose-free fairlife® products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk, which has 50% more protein and 50% less sugar than regular milk; fairlife® with DHA, ultra-filtered milk with DHA Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health; fairlife YUP!®, a line of flavored milks; Core Power® High Protein Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery; fairlife smart snacks®, a drinkable snack to help curb hunger between meals; fairlife® nutrition plan™, a nutrition shake to support one’s journey to better health; and the newly launched fairlife® creamers, coffee creamers designed to help enhance your coffee experience. In partnership with The Coca-Cola Company®, fairlife ultra-filtered milk and Core Power high protein shakes are distributed throughout the United States (U.S.) and Canada; all other fairlife drinks are available in the U.S.
To learn more about fairlife and its collection of products, please visit fairlife.com.
job purpose: The Environmental, Health & Safety Manager will be part of the management team within fairlife, LLC reporting to the Plant Manager. The Manager oversees the Environmental and Health & Safety program for the Goodyear production facility. This role is parament to setting and maintaining best practice systems at our new Goodyear facility. The EHS Manager provides a comprehensive range of Environmental, Health & Safety support and services to management and staff, develops and implements Environmental, Health & Safety programs for the Goodyear production facility.
- Oversee and administer the Environmental, Health & Safety systems for the Goodyear facility.
- Provide expert guidance and consultation to management in all aspects of environmental, health and safety compliance
- Design and implement environmental, health & safety programs, services, strategies, and initiatives that are responsive to the needs of the company’s facilities and guarantees close integration with overall company policy; monitor program efficiency, develop reporting procedures and other methods to measure success, and revise processes and procedures as necessary to improve program effectiveness
- Provide day-to-day guidance and support to management regarding environmental, health & safety practices, interpretation of company environmental, health and safety policies, problem resolution, and compliance with federal and state law; develops and maintains written departmental procedures to guide management in the application of established environmental, health and safety processes and documentation
- Oversee and manage the response to, and investigation, of reports of hazardous or potentially hazardous conditions; review recommendations and/or takes appropriate action in order to mitigate potential environmental or safety risks
- Establish and implement short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates program/project effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement
- Perform training needs analyses, as appropriate, and initiate, develop, and/or coordinate the implementation of specific training and development programs for management, staff, and operators; conducts new employee orientation and associated activities for Environmental, Health & Safety systems. Examples include First Aid/CPR/AED, Spill Containment & Reporting, etc.
- Perform and Track all OSHA required training annually
- Execute plant evacuation drills bi-annually
- Conduct regular safety and environmental audits throughout the plant, to include evaluation of job requirements and ergonomics
- Design and implement waste reduction and recycling programs with a monthly (minimum) reporting of plant performance
- Develop, implement and maintain visual safety goals vs actuals for use each department
- Plan, coordinate, and supervise the execution of capitol and expense projects related to environmental health and personal safety programs
- All other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Science degree in Health and Safety or a related field or at least 5 + years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified for a Health and Safety professional in an industrial setting
- Skill in organizing resources, establishing priorities, and meeting critical deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues
- Ability to analyze and assess training and development needs
- Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Knowledge and understanding of federal and state environmental laws, regulations, procedures, and standards
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations
- Knowledge and understanding of employment and union avoidance practices.
- Ability to manage all records and documents pertaining to regulatory compliance.
- Ability to manage all employee health & safety requirements and regulations.
food safety requirements:
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required that may affect product quality or food safety.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Control further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- In the event of absence, another employee with the same skill level will assume the duties and responsibilities as required.
position location: Goodyear, AZ
reports to: Plant Manager
travel requirements: 5-10% annually, with increased travel expected during training/onboarding period