fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that produces nourishing and great-tasting milk-based products made using a patented cold-filtration process that removes some natural sugars while concentrating the protein and calcium naturally found in real cows’ milk.
Our line of delicious, lactose-free fairlife® products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk, which has 50% more protein and 50% less sugar than regular milk; fairlife® with DHA, ultra-filtered milk with DHA Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health; fairlife YUP!®, a line of flavored milks; Core Power® High Protein Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery; fairlife® nutrition plan™, a nutrition shake to support one’s journey to better health; and the newly launched fairlife® creamers, coffee creamers designed to help enhance your coffee experience; and the newly launched fairlife® Light Ice Cream, a line of creamy, frozen desserts. In partnership with The Coca-Cola Company®, fairlife ultra-filtered milk and Core Power high protein shakes are distributed throughout the United States (U.S.) and Canada; all other fairlife products are available in the U.S.
To learn more about fairlife and its collection of products, please visit fairlife.com.
job purpose: The Environmental, Health & Safety Manager will be part of the management team within fairlife, LLC reporting to the Plant Manager. The Manager oversees the Environmental and Health & Safety program for the Goodyear production facility. This role is parament to setting and maintaining best practice systems at our new Goodyear facility. The EHS Manager will own compliance with Federal, State, and local Environmental, Health & Safety laws and regulations, as well as develop and implement Environmental, Health & Safety programs for the Goodyear production facility.
- Oversee and administer the Environmental, Health & Safety systems for the Goodyear facility, and own compliance with all Federal, State, and local EHS laws and regulations
- Provide expert guidance and consultation to management in all aspects of environmental, health and safety compliance
- Design and implement environmental, health & safety training programs, services, strategies, and initiatives that are responsive to the needs of the company’s facilities and guarantees close integration with overall company policy; monitor program efficiency, develop reporting procedures and other methods to measure success, and revise processes and procedures as necessary to improve program effectiveness and support a zero accident objective
- Provide day-to-day guidance and support to management regarding environmental, health & safety practices, interpretation of company environmental, health and safety policies, problem resolution, and compliance with federal and state law; develops and maintains written departmental procedures to guide management in the application of established environmental, health and safety processes and documentation
- Oversee and manage the response to, and investigation, of reports of hazardous or potentially hazardous conditions; review recommendations and/or takes appropriate action in order to mitigate potential environmental or safety risks
- Establish and implement short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates program/project effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement
- Perform training needs analyses, as appropriate, and initiate, develop, and/or coordinate the implementation of specific training and development programs for management, staff, and operators; conducts new employee orientation and associated activities for Environmental, Health & Safety systems. Examples include First Aid/CPR/AED, Spill Containment & Reporting, etc.
- Perform and Track all OSHA required training annually
- Execute plant evacuation drills bi-annually
- Maintain frequent presence on manufacturing plant floor
- Conduct regular safety and environmental audits throughout the plant, to include evaluation of job requirements and ergonomics
- Design and implement waste reduction and recycling programs with a monthly (minimum) reporting of plant performance
- Develop, implement and maintain visual safety goals vs actuals for use each department
- Plan, coordinate, and supervise the execution of capitol and expense projects related to environmental health and personal safety programs
- All other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Science degree in Health and Safety or a related field or at least 5 + years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified for a Health and Safety professional in an industrial setting
- Skill in organizing resources, establishing priorities, and meeting critical deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues
- Ability to analyze and assess training and development needs
- Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Knowledge and understanding of federal and state environmental laws, regulations, procedures, and standards
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations
- Knowledge and understanding of employment and union avoidance practices.
- Ability to manage all records and documents pertaining to regulatory compliance.
- Ability to manage all employee health & safety requirements and regulations.
food safety requirements:
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required that may affect product quality or food safety.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Control further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- In the event of absence, another employee with the same skill level will assume the duties and responsibilities as required.
position location: Goodyear, AZ
reports to: Plant Manager
travel requirements: 5-10% annually, with increased travel expected during training/onboarding period
fairlife, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. All qualified applicants and employees will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
In addition to its nondiscrimination commitment, the Company will also provide reasonable accommodation of qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the Company. If you have a disability and would like to request accommodation in order to apply for a position with us, please email [email protected].