fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that produces nourishing and great-tasting milk-based products made using a patented cold-filtration process that removes some natural sugars while concentrating the protein and calcium naturally found in real cows’ milk.
Our line of delicious, lactose-free fairlife® products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk, which has 50% more protein and 50% less sugar than regular milk; fairlife® with DHA, ultra-filtered milk with DHA Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health; fairlife YUP!®, a line of flavored milks; Core Power® High Protein Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery; fairlife smart snacks®, a drinkable snack to help curb hunger between meals; fairlife® nutrition plan™, a nutrition shake to support one’s journey to better health; and the newly launched fairlife® creamers, coffee creamers designed to help enhance your coffee experience. In partnership with The Coca-Cola Company®, fairlife ultra-filtered milk and Core Power high protein shakes are distributed throughout the United States (U.S.) and Canada; all other fairlife drinks are available in the U.S.
To learn more about fairlife and its collection of products, please visit fairlife.com.
job purpose: The Director, FSOP Commercialization is a dynamic change-maker and considered a true thought leader in the Foodservice & On-Premise space. This individual will be responsible for connecting consumer, category, channel and customer insights to develop best in class Go to Market strategies that deliver long-term, profitable growth. This individual will work cross-functionally with marketing, innovation, sales, finance, and operations teams to develop and execute strategic growth initiatives that drive unmatched value for the Company and our customers.
- Develop category-specific multi-year commercial strategies, grounded in consumer insights and informed by customer requirements, for Foodservice & On-Premise channels including restaurant, eating & drinking, college & university, at-work, healthcare, education, government, lodging, travel, amusement/recreation and wholesale
- Work effectively with brand marketing, innovation, operations, sales, finance and insights teams to develop and execute best in class Go to Market strategies
- Partner with operations and equipment teams to develop leading edge technical solutions for our brands and customers
- Support the sales organization’s execution of the FSOP strategies by developing exceptional channel initiatives, merchandising programs, price package architecture and category/channel/customer selling stories
- Utilize Nielsen, Numerator, and other FS & OP specific data platforms to identify consumer trends within various categories and channels of business and leverage those insights into growth opportunities for our brands
- Present commercial strategies and successes to key customer, bottler, internal and external stakeholders
- Lead the fairlife FSOP annual planning process and steward brand / package performance to Annual Business Plans (ABP) goals between fairlife and the Coca-Cola North America Foodservice Business Unit.
- Align channel input on price/pack architecture and ensure channel coherency between retail and FSOP
- Serves as the primary source of feedback to the brand/category functions from customers, channels and geographic teams
- Leads brand / package pilot program development and stewardship
- Assist with financial analysis as needed
- Utilize strong business, financial, and P&L management that delivers profitable company and customer growth expectations
- Execute ad-hoc projects on an as-needed basis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field, Master’s Degree preferred
- 7+ years of direct Foodservice & On-Premise experience in commercialization, sales, innovation, strategy and/or customer marketing
- Experience working with FS & OP customers and distributors, delivering long-term profitable growth
- Possess strong influence management skills: setting agenda across the organization and influencing indirect resources
- Strong analytical skills, and proven success leveraging industry knowledge to drive action with leadership and customers
- Strong project management skills leading innovation from concept to completion
- Strong working knowledge and application of data analytics and consumer insights, and familiarity with standard and Foodservice data sources (Nielsen, IRI, NPD Crest, etc.)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills required, especially utilizing Microsoft PowerPoint
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and priorities while adhering to strict deadlines
- Ability to handle ambiguity and work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
position location: Chicago, IL or Atlanta, GA
reports to: VP, Commercialization
travel requirements: 25%
fairlife, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, natural origin, gender, age, handicap or veteran status. All qualified applicants will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.