fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that produces nourishing and great-tasting milk-based products made using a patented cold-filtration process that removes some natural sugars while concentrating the protein and calcium naturally found in real cows’ milk.
Our line of delicious, lactose-free fairlife® products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk, which has 50% more protein and 50% less sugar than regular milk; fairlife® with DHA, ultra-filtered milk with DHA Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health; fairlife YUP!®, a line of flavored milks; Core Power® High Protein Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery; fairlife smart snacks®, a drinkable snack to help curb hunger between meals; fairlife® nutrition plan™, a nutrition shake to support one’s journey to better health; and the newly launched fairlife® creamers, coffee creamers designed to help enhance your coffee experience. In partnership with The Coca-Cola Company®, fairlife ultra-filtered milk and Core Power high protein shakes are distributed throughout the United States (U.S.) and Canada; all other fairlife drinks are available in the U.S.
To learn more about fairlife and its collection of products, please visit fairlife.com.
job purpose: The Director of Category Commercialization will be responsible for leading the Go to Market strategy for fairlife’s warehouse delivered portfolio of brands, which includes our flagship brand fairlife® ultra-filtered milk. This role requires a true thought leader to lead the fairlife warehouse business by connecting consumer, category, channel and customer insights to develop break through strategies and plans that exceed fairlife’s long-term growth objectives. This individual will work cross-functionally with marketing, K&I, innovation, sales, finance, and operations teams to design and execute strategic growth initiatives that deliver unmatched value for the Company and our customers.
- Develop winning portfolio business strategies and plans that are grounded in consumer insights and informed by customer requirements
- Work cross-functionally across all fairlife functions to design comprehensive Go to Market strategies that deliver both short and long-term profitable growth
- Partner with the Minute Maid Business Unit to ensure all fairlife consumer, category, channel and customer strategies/plans are executed across the fairlife warehouse delivered portfolio of brands
- Lead the development and stewardship of the warehouse delivered annual business plan (ABP) internally and with the Minute Maid Business Unit
- Ensure all key system commercial milestones are completed on time including, but not limited to, annual Operating Plans, Electronic Business Plans, Monthly Operating Reviews, brand/pack AMPS (Availability, Merchandising, Pricing, Shelving) and flawless execution of all warehouse product/pack innovation launches
- Work closely with the Revenue Growth Management function to develop multi-year, multi-channel warehouse portfolio OBPPC to achieve our long term revenue and profit objectives
- Support the sales organization by working with the Shopper Marketing and Customer Commercial teams to deliver exceptional programming, merchandising programs, and category insights to drive growth
- Provide exceptional career/talent development and performance management as this role will manage a team as well as engage with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Utilize Nielsen, Numerator and other data to identify trends within various categories and channels of business, and leverage those insights into growth opportunities for our brands
- Lead cross functional teams to execute against multiple, strategic projects
- Present commercial strategies and successes to key customer, bottler, and internal stakeholders
- Utilize strong business, financial, and P&L management that delivers profitable company and customer growth expectations
- Assist with financial analysis as needed
- Execute ad-hoc projects on an as-needed basis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field required; MBA preferred
- 7+ years’ CPG management experience in a commercial, marketing, revenue growth and/or sales roles
- Extensive experience and expertise working with brands and customers through a warehouse delivered route to market
- Ability to take programs from concept to completion
- Strong project management skills required
- Strong analytical capabilities with Nielsen, IRI, or similar programs
- Experience successfully developing comprehensive price package architecture across a portfolio
- Proven success managing team(s) and developing talent
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively across several groups in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Experience presenting strategic initiatives to senior level leadership
- Strong influencing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High proficiency with all Microsoft Office programs
position location: Chicago, IL
reports to: VP, Commercialization
travel requirements: 25%
fairlife, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, natural origin, gender, age, handicap or veteran status. All qualified applicants will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.