fairlife, LLC, is a Chicago-based health food company with a mission to enrich lives by sustainably providing nourishment and vitality to the world. We produce and market nutritious and great-tasting milk beverages made using a patented cold-filtration process that removes lactose and sugars while maximizing the natural proteins, nutrients, and minerals found in cow’s milk. The company was founded in 2012 by Select Milk Producers, Inc.®, a group of dairy farmers dedicated to the pursuit of higher quality milk and a desire to revitalize the dairy industry through forward-thinking product innovation.
Our line of delicious fairlife® products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk, the only cow’s milk with 50% more protein and 50% less sugar than regular milk for the whole family; Core Power®, a high protein milk shake for athletes and fitness enthusiasts to help build lean muscle and support healthy post-workout recovery; fairlife® with DHA, an ultra-filtered milk with DHA Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health; fairlife® YUP!™, a line of flavored milks; and the newly launched fairlife® Nutrition Plan™, a high protein, low sugar meal-replacement drink. In partnership with The Coca-Cola Company®, fairlife ultra-filtered milk and Core Power high protein shakes are distributed throughout the United States (U.S.) and Canada; all other fairlife drinks are available nationwide in the U.S.
To learn more about fairlife and its collection of products, please visit fairlife.com.
job purpose: The Commercialization Project Manager will have direct responsibility and ownership for leading operational readiness on commercialization efforts required for new products, product changes, brand extensions, etc. They will also coordinate and lead the operational aspects of supply chain commercialization to support strategic company initiatives.
- Direct responsibility for driving and leading operational readiness in support of fairlife’s commercialization initiatives
- Regular collaboration and interaction with fairlife Marketing, Product Development, and Supply Chain teams to ensure full alignment and transparency on all supply chain commercialization initiatives
- Assign project roles and responsibilities to key team members in Supply Chain, Operations, Engineering, and Quality as needed. Proactively and clearly communicate project expectations, assign project accountabilities, and provide metrics for measurement of status, etc.
- Conduct program reviews at established intervals and communicate progress against program goals, communicate among departments to ensure alignment on issues and concerns, and track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short- and long-term goals
- Support follow-up with project objectives after launch, including appropriate metrics and monitoring consumer data, and conducting follow-up meetings to address opportunities
- Complete the transition of responsibility for the product to operations long-term
- Responsible for ensuring that commercialization objectives are aligned with processing design and manufacturing capability
- Organization and facilitation of plant and corporate project review meetings and strategy initiatives
- Collaboration with the product development team to identify & document product processing and packaging standards and specifications
- Support Procurement and Product Development teams in exploring potential packaging and ingredient suppliers related to commercial initiatives
- Support and meet budgetary objectives of commercial initiatives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with 4-8 years of supply chain or related experience required
- Experience in commercialization or new product development preferred, and a proven capability to define and manage organization to a disciplined commercialization process
- Proven track record of cross-functional project management leadership
- Demonstrated working knowledge of and ability to identify drivers and risks in each of the functional areas e.g. velocity drivers, production capacity, quality risks, and supply chain opportunities to ensure alignment
- Management experience in CPG environment preferred, with technical qualifications in food technology/science, packaging design, engineering, microbiology, etc.
- Strong business acumen and ability to effectively manage internal and external relationships
- Strong influencing skills at all levels, and ability to drive results to others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate technical and non-technical information to various levels of the business
- Strong computer and Microsoft Office skills (including a proficiency in Excel, MS Project Management, etc.)
- Knowledge and comfort level in manufacturing operations
- Ability to travel to all production facilities, including increased travel during initial period of employment to attain a firm grasp on production capabilities
- Ability to handle ambiguity and work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
position location: Chicago, IL or Coopersville, MI
reports to: Planning Director
travel requirements: 40%