fairlife, LLC is a Chicago-based dairy company that produces nourishing and great-tasting milk-based products made using a patented cold-filtration process that removes some natural sugars while concentrating the protein and calcium naturally found in real cows’ milk.
Our line of delicious, lactose-free fairlife® products includes: fairlife® ultra-filtered milk, which has 50% more protein and 50% less sugar than regular milk; fairlife® with DHA, ultra-filtered milk with DHA Omega-3 fatty acids to support brain health; fairlife YUP!®, a line of flavored milks; Core Power® High Protein Shakes, a sports nutrition drink to support post-workout recovery; fairlife smart snacks®, a drinkable snack to help curb hunger between meals; fairlife® nutrition plan™, a nutrition shake to support one’s journey to better health; and the newly launched fairlife® creamers, coffee creamers designed to help enhance your coffee experience. In partnership with The Coca-Cola Company®, fairlife ultra-filtered milk and Core Power high protein shakes are distributed throughout the United States (U.S.) and Canada; all other fairlife drinks are available in the U.S.
To learn more about fairlife and its collection of products, please visit fairlife.com.
job purpose: The Category Insights Manager will play an influential role in stewarding category insights for all of fairlife’s dairy-based nutrition products. This newly created role is ideal for someone who enjoys diving into data as much as delivering impactful insights. As the category expert, you will also provide strategic thought leadership for cross-functional partners at fairlife and Coca-Cola. It is an exciting opportunity for those who thrive on a fast-paced environment and a hands-on approach.
- Lead and develop comprehensive category insights across fairlife portfolio to create competitive advantage in each of our categories
- Develop deep expertise in each category through strong grasp of underlying consumer needs, competitive dynamics, and key channel dynamics
- Create best-in-class category insights, including a comprehensive overview of market and industry trends, SWOT, competitive review, assortment, category performance, etc.
- Manage category performance trackers and custom research projects as needed to ensure fairlife has most relevant category insights
- Partner with cross-functional leads to support day-to-day business and strategic initiatives
- Work closely with Commercial team to customize category insights for customer planning and strategic initiatives
- Collaborate with Consumer and Shopper Insights leads to apply holistic learnings to better drive category growth, champion category viability, and uncover growth opportunities for fairlife
- Provide thought leadership and competitive intelligence as the dairy nutrition category expert to influence key stakeholders at fairlife and Coca-Cola
key relationships and partnerships:
- fairlife sales team, fairlife commercial team, fairlife brand marketing team, Coca-Cola franchise leadership teams, Coca-Cola category management teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required
- 5+ years of category insights experience required, food or beverage industry experience preferred
- Nielsen/IRI analytics skills required, and consumer panel and secondary data experience strongly preferred
- Strong ability to leverage multiple data sources to uncover insights and tell a cohesive and compelling story to drive business plan objects
- Demonstrates excellent relationship development, stakeholder alignment, and influencing skills
- Strong project management skills with emphasis on meeting timelines
- Proactive attitude with entrepreneurial skill set, who thrives in a multi-tasking environment
- Demonstrated ability to deliver creative solutions that meet business objectives in response to inevitable market challenges
- Effective presentation skills, as well as communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to handle ambiguity and work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
position location: Chicago, IL
reports to: Director of Knowledge & Insights
travel requirements: 10%